Re: Coil Pac

RobV6

I'm having trouble with shorting coil pac in my limited.Car seem to run fine.
If it sit for a few days. It won't start. Have replaced 4 pacs so far.

not knowlkegdeable with this part of our cars, It's an 87 stock motor.
Any help would greatly appreciated. TIA.:confused: I plan on having motor re-done. so i need to drive it to place not yet. Confirmed. I guess everyone is busy with Holidays.....Thanks again

I'm having trouble with shorting coil pac in my limited.Car seem to run fine.
If it sit for a few days. It won't start. Have replaced 4 pacs so far.

not knowlkegdeable with this part of our cars, It's an 87 stock motor.
Any help would greatly appreciated. TIA.:confused: I plan on having motor re-done. so i need to drive it to place not yet. Confirmed. I guess everyone is busy with Holidays.....Thanks again

Is there power to it if you turn the ignition off?
Is your charging/output voltage too high?

Might be a PITA but you will need to start tracing wires and looking for nicks in the wire. I fought a problem with my ign system about 12 years ago and ended up pulling all of the loom and looking at every single wire. I found a wire going to my ign module that was nicked and getting gorunded out. MY car was very high mileage at the time and had seen better days. I guess the previous owner had done some aftermarket wiring and fooled around with the wires too much.

Have patience, be methodical, and keep a record of what you check. Also change only one thing at a time. Ask me how I know that ...:redface:

I don't know. Have to use a voltage meter right.How is this done?
I apprediate your help.....Rob

Thanks so much for that help. It is the way I work. Just thought there was sumthing to this pac. Greatly appreciate your help.

Not trid yet. The wheather here in N.Y. has been awful. between work and no garage for car.Will let you know. Again thanks for you help.