Razor - translator+ interference problem

slipstick

Razor
I just read a similar titled thread and your answer made me wonder if your translator hot wire kit may fix a problem which has plagued me for some time.
The problem (spitting, sputtering, popping through exhaust at approx 10 psi boost - sometimes setting code 42) is definitely related to the ignition timing portion of my translator+ because since I have disconnected the ignition portion of the translator I have had no problems.
I believe this problem started when I installed the Ramchargers dual fans because at least one time a code 42 was sent when the fans came on.
I have communicated with Bob and have even sent the trans+ back to him for checking. I have also made a ground wire modification he suggested. In addition I have shielded (and grounded the shielding) the trans+ box and all wires which I think may have helped slightly. This problem began in 2004. I finally gave up on being able to adjust timing through the trans+ and have left the timing connections disconnected for the last few years. I know you made reference to a translator (not translator+) but do you think your hot wire kit could help my problem? If so, I wonder why Bob would not have advised me to make this connection change.
Sorry about rambling, but this problem has caused me lots of misery.
Thanks for your consideration.
Leon

Razor
I just read a similar titled thread and your answer made me wonder if your translator hot wire kit may fix a problem which has plagued me for some time.
The problem (spitting, sputtering, popping through exhaust at approx 10 psi boost - sometimes setting code 42) is definitely related to the ignition timing portion of my translator+ because since I have disconnected the ignition portion of the translator I have had no problems.
I believe this problem started when I installed the Ramchargers dual fans because at least one time a code 42 was sent when the fans came on.
I have communicated with Bob and have even sent the trans+ back to him for checking. I have also made a ground wire modification he suggested. In addition I have shielded (and grounded the shielding) the trans+ box and all wires which I think may have helped slightly. This problem began in 2004. I finally gave up on being able to adjust timing through the trans+ and have left the timing connections disconnected for the last few years. I know you made reference to a translator (not translator+) but do you think your hot wire kit could help my problem? If so, I wonder why Bob would not have advised me to make this connection change.
Sorry about rambling, but this problem has caused me lots of misery.
Thanks for your consideration.
Leon

Leaon, turn your alcohol kit "OFF".. if the problem goes away.. there you have it.

Your sig says DIY alky kit.. so I dont know :confused: