Razor Alky - Stock Motor - 11.30

Garycar

Installed Julio's alky system (Alky Control) on a friends 87 T Type (Dick Johnston). Completely stock motor, valve covers have never been off (64,000 miles) TE 34 turbo (remember those), 3"down pipe, 40# injectors, ATR 2 1/2" exhaust, full weight car with sway bars on front and rear, no weight reduction what so ever, original T Type wheels all around, 275-60 -15 M/T drag Radials. 22#'s boost running through the closed exhaust. Ist pass had 9#'s boost at line and activated lock-up at start of 2nd gear. Car pulled out moderately hard and shifted perfectly with Russ Merritt's 2004R quality performance rebuild tranny. No detonation during the run until about 50-100 feet from the finish line when the detector (Caspers) went red and I lifted (gain knob on 7). Ran 11.39 at almost 119. 2nd pass I held 11#'s boost at the line, turned up the gain just a little. Launched better than the first (1.59 60') and again the knock detector went red at about the say point as the ist run so forced to lift. Ran 11.30 at almost 117. At that point the girl at the end of the track stopped me on the return road and announced "your done for the night" Good numbers for a stock and very quiet TR. Love these cars. Julio's Alky system in my opinion is the single best modification you can make on these cars. This is my 4th install (nonprofit) and all I can say is incredible! The quality of his system is in my opinion exceptional!!! If running a stock motor stick with a lock-up converter and lock it throughout the run. Gary Caramanis

Installed Julio's alky system (Alky Control) on a friends 87 T Type (Dick Johnston). Completely stock motor, valve covers have never been off (64,000 miles) TE 34 turbo (remember those), 3"down pipe, 40# injectors, ATR 2 1/2" exhaust, full weight car with sway bars on front and rear, no weight reduction what so ever, original T Type wheels all around, 275-60 -15 M/T drag Radials. 22#'s boost running through the closed exhaust. Ist pass had 9#'s boost at line and activated lock-up at start of 2nd gear. Car pulled out moderately hard and shifted perfectly with Russ Merritt's 2004R quality performance rebuild tranny. No detonation during the run until about 50-100 feet from the finish line when the detector (Caspers) went red and I lifted (gain knob on 7). Ran 11.39 at almost 119. 2nd pass I held 11#'s boost at the line, turned up the gain just a little. Launched better than the first (1.59 60') and again the knock detector went red at about the say point as the ist run so forced to lift. Ran 11.30 at almost 117. At that point the girl at the end of the track stopped me on the return road and announced "your done for the night" Good numbers for a stock and very quiet TR. Love these cars. Julio's Alky system in my opinion is the single best modification you can make on these cars. This is my 4th install (nonprofit) and all I can say is incredible! The quality of his system is in my opinion exceptional!!! If running a stock motor stick with a lock-up converter and lock it throughout the run. Gary Caramanis

Thanks Gary for the feedback.. that is awesome for a teeny turbo :D

come on !!! you NEED GN1's , a Fast system and a Front mount to run those times !!! :eek: :p lookin good Gary !!:biggrin: