Razor Alky not working!

johnnyttype

Hello. So i went out to my car and started it up this evening and to my suprise i was at FULL BOOST! Car idling, red LED lit, controller on, full boost on dash, test button has no effect when pushed, unplugged MAP and dash stayed lit up full boost, only thing that will turn the boost lights off on dash is to turn controller off. Any help or suggestions will be appreciated as to what is wrong here! Will turn boost all the way down till sorted out:eek:

voltage key on, controller off is 1.59V. controller on it is 4.9V.

yea thats why i put razor in the title, hoping he would see it. just hoping its something simple someone could help me with, but im thinking the problem is in the PAC controller cause thats one of the only areas i havent really looked over.

Talk about luck though, i went to the track yesterday and thought about racing but i didnt! Could have been smokey!

Yep!!

" i went to the track yesterday and thought about racing but i didnt! Could have been smokey!"
GOOD CHOICE!!!:D

Process of elimination. My guess is two issues.. possible bad ground on the controller, or controller problem.

Possible you lost ground to the PAC controller. Disconnect the green wire to the PAC and test the system. meaning turn it on, press test.. see if all appears to be ok. Then measure voltage on the green wire.. on the PAC there should be no voltage.. if there is, then check your ground.. meaning the black wire going to the dash screw. If that checks ok.. disconnect every wire and only leave the red to ignition and the black to ground. Then check the green one last time.

The input to the PAC technically should not be able to output voltage.. becuase it is a high impedance input.. but with electronics.. anything is possible. And the fact it goes to 5 volts.. just start disconnecting wires.. and troubleshoot. I have seen a few boxes in 5 years have the input short to ground. but never to 5 vdc.

Post back.

Ahem... well it appears i routed my ground wire on the sharp side of the emergency brake pedal! wire was cut in two. All is better. Thanks Razor:)

Now that's a vendor who knows his product, two choices and choice one was the culprit. :eek:

Now who will win the World Series and the Super Bowl, I'll lay down 10K on your picks. ;)