Rarest factory car

Vector

On another forum they had a thread asking what is the rarest factory car you have ever seen driving on the road.

I will start: A couple weeks ago I saw a McLaren SLR; and many years ago I saw a 280 ZX-R.

Originally posted by 87grandnat
whats a 280 zx r?

Here's a picture.

zcar2gt.jpg

Originally posted by Vector

I will start: A couple weeks ago I saw a McLaren SLR; and many years ago I saw a 280 ZX-R.

The Mercedes Benz/Mclaren SLR arn't really THAT rare....They are just so expensive that for the money most people would rather buy a Lambo, Ferarri or Bentley! Still a very sweet ride non the less!

I guess that would have to be a GNX.....

How rare is the Lotus Esprit? I don't imagine very, but I've only seen one of those on the road.

Originally posted by DCEPTCN
I guess that would have to be a GNX.....

How rare is the Lotus Esprit? I don't imagine very, but I've only seen one of those on the road.

The Esprit was made in early 90's (Please do not quote me) and the last year of production was 2002. Production on the car was probably a few thousand each year! I was given the chance to drive an 02 Twin Turbo Anniversary car, and they are quite the ride!

Porsche

I saw a Porsche Carrera GT driving down 696 a few weeks ago. You know, the one that costs $450,000+ The guy driving it was smilin like he!!. I guess I would be too. I don't know if it counts, but I get to see most cars before they come out. They all have the manufacturers plates on them, sometimes with the bras on front/rear. I live just outside detroit, so I guess I'm lucky.

1966 Shelby Mustang GT 350 convert . 1 of 4 (blue, green, red and yellow) . Was Shelby's wife's car :D 20 something thousand miles on it :eek:

Attachments

• shebly.jpg
    shebly.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 620
I think I saw that thread too, on MCSS.com?

There's a guy on there that has seen a Mclaren F-1 around Worcester, MA. I used to travel through that area quite a bit, and I ran into him once too.

Shoulda tried to race him! :D

Originally posted by rtviper
The 1969 Z28 RS convertable is one of the rarest 1 of 1 made

It was a '68 that was built for one of the GM top guns. The only convertible Z/28 ever built and was green with a black top. We saw it on the Power Tour a few years ago and it looked pretty good. Last I heard it was for sale for $1,000,000:eek:

At Barrett Jackson I saw a Nazi Parade Car, which was supposedly one of only two left in existence. Although the car was left from a bad part of history, it was still amazing to see one in pristine condition after watching all the old footage of Hitler riding around in them.

Then there was the XJ220 that was there this year. I always hoped I would see one in person.

Saw one of these at a big car show up in PA...

'69 "Hugger Orange" COPO (Central Office Production Order) ZL1 Camaro... The ZL1 option was the all-aluminum high compression (12.5:1) L88 headed 427ci motor and in '69 there were only 69 of these Camaros built...

Thats what I was gonna write. NO 69 Z convertibles were ever built. It was the one 68 that was..

I've seen a 69 Coronet conv hemi a while back. Sopossed to be one of one.

Originally posted by gn1220
It was a '68 that was built for one of the GM top guns. The only convertible Z/28 ever built and was green with a black top. We saw it on the Power Tour a few years ago and it looked pretty good. Last I heard it was for sale for $1,000,000:eek:

1992 Triple White Convertible Vette

We have a 1992 Chevy Corvette Convertible Triple White Edition. I do not have the exact figures but we were told by the dealership in NYC that less than 100 built, but I could be wrong. We bought car brand new in 92 now has only 8k miles on it with all the factory plastic left on seats and floor board. It only gets driven in parades around here and to the dealership to have it serviced twice a year.

Triple white; Means outside of car white, top, and seats.:cool:

This is my moms car it sits beside my GN in the Garage, I think the vette should feel special to be allowed to be stored in the presense of the great GN:D

Of course she does not agree:p