Rarest factory car

I dont know if it counts or not but i rode in this thing called "swampthing". A kid and his dad built it from scrap parts and a duece and a half frame. It had a 350 and it would go anywhere. Thing is it was street legal with tags and an inspection sticker.:D . Harry

Dodge M4S only 6 made and only maybe 3 or so left. This was the car from "the wraith" it was supposed to be put into production but cost to much money and they figured nobody would buy it. the car could actually top out at over 190 mph.

i love that movie

Hey i have always wanted to know what that car was. I actually thought it was a turbo interceptor lol.

Originally posted by DCEPTCN

How rare is the Lotus Esprit? I don't imagine very, but I've only seen one of those on the road.

Funny you said that. I just saw one on the road a few days ago, it was mint (always loved the looks of them). Said to my wife "Wow that's a Lotus Esprit! Don't see those anymore..."

Other than that one, I've bet it's been at least 10 years since I've seen one...

Re: i love that movie

Originally posted by dragonational
Hey i have always wanted to know what that car was. I actually thought it was a turbo interceptor lol.

I have always been in love with that car also. I would like to see it in person.

There was a VIN verified firebird formula V6 on ebay last week I think, according to GM NONE of those were ever made. I figure its either a mistake or one of a kind special order.

I had a good friend that briefly owned a 1974 Pontiac Formula Super Duty. It was Buccaneer Red with auto. It was one of only 57 SD-455 Firebirds built that year. He sold it during the late-eighties muscle car slump. I think he paid $8500 for it at the time and sold for the same amount.

Re: Re: i love that movie

Originally posted by perm01
I have always been in love with that car also. I would like to see it in person.

Yeah me too always loved that movie and car so much. well i found a guy who makes the kits of that car :D but havent heard back from in a while. it was only a 4cyl if i remeber correctly. That paint job was like a $10,000 paint job done by PPG. m4s

'69 "Hugger Orange" COPO (Central Office Production Order) ZL1 Camaro... The ZL1 option was the all-aluminum high compression (12.5:1) L88 headed 427ci motor and in '69 there were only 69 of these Camaros built...

I think there were only 2 Corvettes with the zl1 motor built in '69. That would make it pretty rare.

I have a friend that has a 1970 Porsche 911 RSR that was built for Porsche's race driver at the time. It could have been his back up car. Factory window tie downs, factory roll bar, some ungodly large oil tank, like 10 quarts. It was one of one made.

Originally posted by BLACK6PACK
I think there were only 2 Corvettes with the zl1 motor built in '69. That would make it pretty rare.

There were actually 3 ZL1 Corvettes built in '69, however, GM destroyed the one that was used as a test mule for the magazines (don't ask why) so they only sold 2 of them.... The one '69 ZL1 (I believe it is the yellow car) is actually at Roger's Corvette Center in Orlando...

69 gto Judge convert.... 106 or 108 made.

thats got to be perdy rare. but when you think about it they made 1000s of GTOs and LeMans

Originally posted by Reaper
69 gto Judge convert.... 106 or 108 made.

thats got to be perdy rare. but when you think about it they made 1000s of GTOs and LeMans
1971 GTO Judge convertible = 17 built. Yes, 17.

I saw an early 90's Ferrari F50 with the big wing, car was in perfect shape
I used to think they looked awesome back in the day on posters and video games
when i saw it I laughed, look so 80's high-tech cheap and boxy

Originally posted by 1ARUNEM
1983 corvette

;)

back in the day when i had AOHELL i used to go in to chat rooms and try and sell my 83 vette.

it was a hoot too.

How about the 5 Oak Ridge test cars that the Government did their alky/methanol testing with?

I have found 4 of the 5

#1. I own one

#2. A guy that works in Piegon Forge at the Shoney's owns one.

#3. An old acquaintance had one stolen from him, its just stripped down to nothing now...

#4. A guy by the nick name of "Boost" off this forum (not sure which guy) owns one.

#5. Is not accounted for.