Raptor Status ?

mec108

What is status on red's raptor maf sensor? Or is it only available for a SELECT few. :confused: :confused: :confused:

At this point it is a no go ,Red was not happy with the low speed drivablity on some cars , he felt he could not provide a product that would work well in all conditions on any car. to many variables .The Raptor was having a hard time picking up air flow at very low speeds .
Red indicated in the future he may try a slightly smaller air flow meter but no time frame was set .
I really wanted one (Raptor)as I am still using the stock mass air meter.
Mark

max effort working for me love the new chip .works with direct scan FINALLY
Also went 10.50 @23 psi
Having trouble spooling at the line but only had 4 passes
11.18@14psi
10.67@19psi
10.64@20psi
10.50@23 psi
all this in a major headwind @123mph
Sorry didnt want to hijack your thread just wanted Walt to see it.
dido on MAXEFFORT R

Bob when you get that thing to 24 psi it should be at 130+!!!! The max effort is a chip but is more like a fuel mangement system than just a chip.

well You know in our little group we never go past 24 psi!
no telling what one pound of BOOST will do!;)

Hey and some of us run 9.50s at 19 or 20 lbs in outlaw trim lol. :) Laz

Originally posted by BobbyBuick
max effort working for me love the new chip .works with direct scan FINALLY
Also went 10.50 @23 psi
Having trouble spooling at the line but only had 4 passes
11.18@14psi
10.67@19psi
10.64@20psi
10.50@23 psi
all this in a major headwind @123mph
Sorry didnt want to hijack your thread just wanted Walt to see it.
dido on MAXEFFORT R

So you ought to do what a10.2 at 23.589 PSI?.
You just gotta get past that 24, thing............

Is there a site that explains the workings of the MaxEffort R. Does it work w/ the stock type MAF? Is it like a thumbwheel? How does it allow you to make changes and what changes can you make? Who sells it? Sorry for all the questions, but my intrest is sparked. I am looking for a chip that allows better drivability on the low end w/72's. I too was waiting on Red's Raptor for the reliabilty aspect, With Reds 106 chip for 72's, off idle response leaves alot to be desired. Erics (turbo tweak) chip w/ open loop idle solves that, but is short of Reds chip in performance . Thanks for your answers.