Random open loop while driving

Black Sunshine

Slacker
Hello,

I've had this issue for quite awhile now. My car randomly goes into open loop while driving and throws a code 45. I thought my heated O2 was bad, but I had it changed and made no difference. Any ideas on possible causes? Thanks in advance.

Bob INT is a solid 128 at about 20% and above throttle. When I let off the gas it hovers from 100-114. Mike I have Hooker exhaust and Poston headers. I've had the headers on the car long before this issue came up though.

when just cruising around you want it to hang around the 120's, you could take about 5% out of the low load menu at the RPMs where the Int is the lowest.

Bob

I believe temps are normal. It is very random when the code occurs. Since replacing the heated O2 a few weeks ago it has only occurred once and that was before I posted this thread. I'll have to check the temp whenever it happens again. I want to say that it has happened after driving around for quite awhile as well as shortly after starting to cruise.

when it happens make note of how you are driving, RPM, etc.... also check the integrator on the Scanmaster. (or if we can get tunerpro to log, just capture it)

Bob

Still am stumped on what the cause of this issue could be. Had the car out of commission for quite awhile but I got it going a couple weeks ago. The random open loop happens quite often and I have noticed it pretty much happens when I am stopped at a red light. It will go in open loop and the O2s will stay in the 800s. Shortly after I start driving though it will go closed loop and the engine light will turn back off. Any more ideas?

do you have a powerlogger log? what does the int and BLM show with the key on and the engine off?

Any trouble codes?

What is the chip number?

Open loop idle is a feature of the chip, I need more data to determine if that is what is happening. (i.e. is the feature enabled)

Bob

Hello,

I've had this issue for quite awhile now. My car randomly goes into open loop while driving and throws a code 45. I thought my heated O2 was bad, but I had it changed and made no difference. Any ideas on possible causes? Thanks in advance.

are you sure the heater is receiving power?

The 45 when driving and the open loop at idle may be different issues.

Bob

How do I find out if the Heater is getting power? It pretty much only happens now at a red light so Idk if that is the issue though. I believe the 45 is part of the same problem because that is the only time the code or any code for that matter shows up. When the car is now under normal driving it is in closed loop and has a healthy range of O2 counts. Just when I'm at a stop the engine light will show up about 40% of the time and the issues will arise until shortly after I start driving again.