Ramchargers dual fan install

GNSteve

EFI Unlimited #4
Well, thanks to the efforts of Guy, I have the RC dual fans that everyone on TB.com is raving about. It's everything they say, and then some.
First off, these fans are *cake* to install. I think the only thing easier than this is changing a chip. Really. It's that easy.:D
I removed the stocker, which took a few minutes, and removed the lower bracket attached to the fan.
I then removed the four mounting ears that are attached to the RC fans. You can leave them on, but it don't look too good that way, IMO.
I then installed the RC fans by placing the lower portion of the fans into the "channel" that is between the radiator and the place where the lower bracket bolts up to. The lower part of the RC fans fit snug into this area. Next, I took the bracket that I removed from the stocker, and oriented it so the holes lined up with the studs that are used to secure the AC lines. The holes in the bracket line up perfect, so there's no need to drill. When you drive down the nuts that secure this assembly, it pushes the bracket snug against the top of the RC fans, holding everything in place.
If you trim the sides right, the fans should fit nicely in the back of the radiator. Plug the GN harness in, and that's it.
I ran the car in the driveway until it reached operating temperature. When the fans kicked on, the car cooled down, quick! They seem to work much better than the stocker, and they don't look out of place.
Well, that's about it. Hope this info helps someone who may be installing one in the future. :)

Thanks for the info Steve! I will be installing my in the near future :D

How much were the fans with shipping? I've read about the fans on other forums, I wish I knew about them before I got my flex-i-lite fans.

Brandon

Steve you liar! :p haha. I just got back in the house from installing the ramchargers dual fan set-up. Took me about 3 1/2 hours. I guess its because I have the fmic; I had to do a lot of hacking on the fan support to get it to fit! Argh! :cool:

Cale,

Oh well. I guess the FM might make a difference, but then again, I wouldn't know.:D
As for hacking the fan supports, are you talking about the ones at the top, or the "channel" on the bottom where the stock bracket mounts up? Seemed like there was plenty of room in that area when I installed my fans. Anyhow, I'm glad you got 'em in. Wait 'til you try them, they're great!
I took my car to work today just to try them out. They exceeded my expectations, I must admit. In traffic, AC on, my temps stayed around 170. The AC also seemed a little cooler, but it might've been my imagination.

cutlaSS,

I paid $100 shipped. IMO, one of the better things available for TR's. Should've came like this from the factory. WAY more efficient at bringing the temps down that the stock fan. Covers all of the radiator, vs just a portion like the stocker. Easy to install, looks stock. $$$ well spent, no regrets.

I just installed mine yesterday as well. Did it in about an hour or so. It was so easy it was almost a joke. Not too many projects on this car have gone this smoothly ;)

There will be pics and instructions on install in our next newsletter courtesy of the JYD :D

Steve-

What I meant was fan guard, not support, heh heh. I had to cut the passenger side bottom corner off (about 1 inch) and cut the two top fan guards. The guards kinda look like tenticles? I didnt cut them all the way off, I just ground them down to almost nothing (it wouldn't clear the piping otherwise). I am an idiot though, and in a frustrated rage I tried to pull the stock fan out without removing any of the piping and managed to rub it against the radiator. Now I have a bunch of bent fins. :( Thanks though Steve, if I didn't read your post I wouldn't have attempted it myself. The fans would probably have sat in my house forever haha.

Clayton,

Yup, I wish *everything* I installed went on this easily, and worked this well. I guess I can dream.:D

Cale,

No problem. I wished many a time while I was installing something that someone could have given me some tips to make the install go a little easier. I'll try to help if I can, even in a small way. I know you guys would help me if I needed it.

I took my car to work today just to try them out. They exceeded my expectations, I must admit. In traffic, AC on, my temps stayed around 170. The AC also seemed a little cooler, but it might've been my imagination.

I would expect the AC to be colder overall due to more airflow across the AC condensor which in turn means more heat dissipated. The more heat dissipated then the cooler the air that flows through the evaporator.

See your are not imagining things!!!:D :D :D

Racetronix Harness

:confused: I installed the dual fans and am trying to set up the harness. Racetronix sent me two battery cable bolts. How are they installed ? Do I have to remove the stock cable botls ? Thanks. KPDBLU@aol.com

:confused: I installed the dual fans and am trying to set up the harness. Racetronix sent me two battery cable bolts. How are they installed ? Do I have to remove the stock cable botls ? Thanks. KPDBLU@aol.com
Yes. You have to replace the stock battery cable bolts with the Racetronix bolts. Just unscrew the stock bolts from the cable. And replace with the new ones. So you can hook up the harness wires to the battery.

Guy

i never used the two battery bolts they sent my factory bolts worked just fine.

Use the nuts provided otherwise you may damage the harness's ring terminals and possibly strip the battery's threads. You can not get the battery terminal boot to seal if you jam the ring terminals behind the factory battery nuts.

Hello,I was just wondering where or how I could get brackets for my dual spal setup.I'm needing to install the daull spal setup but don't know if there is a place to get brackets for my setup.I believe I will need Casper electronics for the wiring but just want to make sure my fans are installed correctly.I appreciate any help out there.Thanks.

Hello,I was just wondering where or how I could get brackets for my dual spal setup.I'm needing to install the daull spal setup but don't know if there is a place to get brackets for my setup.I believe I will need Casper electronics for the wiring but just want to make sure my fans are installed correctly.I appreciate any help out there.Thanks.

Hi,
Might want to try Online Catalog - Spal Cooling Fans and Accessories or
SPAL Fans, SPAL Radiator and Intercooler Cooling Fans

What (Part#) Dual Spal fan did you get?

Guy

Holy dead ressurected threads batman!

Speaking of new/old parts, I should install my ramcharges fan this week.

for the price...Ramchargers FTW!!!!
do they still make these fans? the best setup for a great price
Picture204.jpg

I know this is an old thread but....I have replaced one of the motors on my Ramchargers fan after about 2 years of use. Now one of the fans is hitting the shroud around it. I'm done with this crappy fan. I guess you get what you pay for. Anybody have the part # for the Spal fan? Or is there a better one for our cars?