Radical Paint Jobs

turbohye

Nuclear Reactor
Hi guys/gals,

We all love the solid color cars out there but i have been yearning to see some radical color combinations.
I am gathering ideas to paint my car and so far, the two-toners are getting my interest. We all look on the forums and love our single color bretheren but what out there is a crazy color combination that really looks great.
If you had the option to paint your car over with any budget, what would you paint it?

1.If so, any photoshoppers post your ideas.

2.Also, Any car owners post your pics of some nice two-tones.

3.Also, if you have painted your car like lets say (Acura TL Chocolate Pearl) or anything else not factory, lets see it.

I dont care how radical it is, post it and lets see 'em.

please <-- I asked nicely:biggrin:

2009 Corvette Cyber Gray

68.JPG

Both of the Buicks look Awsome mine is a little more mundane athough I think it's one of the best factory combo's ;)

Attachments

• 9-15 002.jpg
    9-15 002.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 954
Here are pics of my late friend, Danny's GN. Danny passed away of prostate cancer that spread to his lungs, eyes & body. His passion was Dodge Challengers- He had about 20 of them throughout his short 30 years of life. I was just a kid riding a bike down the block when I saw all of Danny's Mopars. I loved going down the block just to see his cars Challengers, Darts, Dusters, Pickups & the GN. - the best 1 was his original Panther Pink 1970 Dodge Challenger Convertible R/T 440 Six-Pack! Unfortunately, he died before he restored this car but one of his friends bought the car & later restored it. Here are pics of Danny's 86 GN that he had custom painted after he got fed up with the original lacquer paints' horrible defects.

gn1.jpg

gn2.jpg

gn3.jpg

gn4.jpg

gn6.jpg

gn7.jpg

gn5.jpg

This was always one of my favorites...

Attachments

• rpcorner (nice paint!).jpg
    rpcorner (nice paint!).jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 695
My old GN...

Attachments

• Image00088-1.jpg
    Image00088-1.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 637
  • drifting.jpg
    drifting.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 728
Originally painted by the legendary Molly Sanders.....circa 1977. Restored 2006 through 2009.

Attachments

• MVC-004S.JPG
    MVC-004S.JPG
    63.5 KB · Views: 632
Yep it was with the built engine which made drifting Easy! :biggrin:

Sorry to get off topic, but how did the car handle when "drifting", was it predictable? When I get a clean shell I plan on building a Regal that handles, anyone can go 10 seconds in the quarter, but how many can take a turn at 60+mph and have it stick? Great photo BTW