Radiator fan went out....what to use?

GNguy

U aint that big
Ok, noticed my car's temp would spike periodically and I realized the fan is on its way out. They dont make the RC fans anymore, so what are people using? Does anyone make an adapter to use other fans? thanks

aren't the Fiero fans the same as the GN fans?
if not, then the junkyardsare full of other options that can be easily adapted. i think Windstars are a popular source for high flowing electric fans.

did you check to make sure all the electrical connections are clean and tight, and that the relays aren't dead or dying?

Thanks Mark but I think thats a little out of my range as the fans are $250 and the harness is $70. Novaderrick yea I checked them and they were good, the fan is a couple of years old. I need a cheap replacement, anyone have any ideas? Merry Christmas btw!

why not another stocker ???

+1

If your rad is still efficient enough, a stock one should do just fine. Also make sure the fan IS the problem. I would jump the fan switch on the intake manifold first to confirm the fan is the problem.

The 2.8 liter fans are the same. The 4cyl fan is not a pancake motor on it. I bought an extra for my Vega project since that fan fits the V8 Monza radiator I have in the car now.

aren't the Fiero fans the same as the GN fans?
if not, then the junkyardsare full of other options that can be easily adapted. i think Windstars are a popular source for high flowing electric fans.

did you check to make sure all the electrical connections are clean and tight, and that the relays aren't dead or dying?

Chrysler product cars dual fans
Caspers and a couple vendors sell electrical adaptor
Do the search plenty info

search 98- 00 intreped fans on ebay

same as the ramchargers and only $88 new..and thats shipped

Ok, noticed my car's temp would spike periodically and I realized the fan is on its way out. They dont make the RC fans anymore, so what are people using? Does anyone make an adapter to use other fans? thanks
i have a perfectly working stock one in my garage if u want it

Not sure what makes you think your fan is 'on the way out'..... 99.9% of the time a fan is either fried or it's not.... they do not sporatically begin to fail... I suggest that the fan is not your problem...

How can I jump the fan? where is the relay, any help is greatly appreciated

I noticed my temp rising/fan not on at a lite not long ago.... pulled over, popped the hood, and noticed the connector that plugs into the low speed relay on the fenderwell had slid halfway out of the relay... like heat over time has sort of deformed/loosened the connector lock and it no longer positively 'snaps' in... I pushed the connector firmly in and the fan started right up... got home and put a small zip-tie longways around the connector/relay to hold them together... your problem is probably something as simple as that.... at least something to check...:)

search 98- 00 intreped fans on ebay

same as the ramchargers and only $88 new..and thats shipped

I wouldn't buy anything with "fan" and "ramchargers" in the same sentence. Better off getting an intreped fan from the junk yard. I realize you don't need one, just giving my 02 cents.

So after all that,i checked the RLYS fuse, and get ready.....it was blown, replaced it with the cruise fuse for now because my car does not have cruise (they were the same fuse) and the fans turn on, checking the fuse box 1st from now on, thanks for all the help.