Racing at Qualcomm this Friday night!

Alky V6

Let's go racing, boyz!
A bunch of Barona regulars, including myself, will be heading to Qualcomm to do some racing, friday night. Will traction be a problem for me? I expect so.
Hope to see you there. :cool:

Yeah, see you there, Donnie:cool: I get really bored being the only Buick dude there at times. Traction will be an issue however... I will venture to say though, I've seen Rick shutting it off early and still running a 6.0 on multile occations:eek:

Sounds like the next SW section Turbo Buick get-together in the makings... We could go harass Neal before or after, he is about 2 miles away! ;)

Dang, with everyone going even I may possibly go. We'll see what else "the boss" has planned after Chuck E Cheese...:p

From what I've been reading on Racelegal's Facebook page they started laying down VHT recently so traction should be a little better than usual for the Q.

Kitchen pass granted, my son and I will be there. :) No Racing though, since I am bringing the kid. See you all there!

Flaco, called crying the blues about no traction. Track was in bad shape.

Flaco, called crying the blues about no traction. Track was in bad shape.

You old fart!! I blame you for my issues tonight. I expect a full refund on all expenses and to make my car slower so I can hook. ;)
It did suck though.... I lowered air pressure to 18psi and was still spinning down the "track".

Did a 6.55. Fastest I've ever gone at the stadium. Massive de-tuning to get traction. I'm going to save this tune as my 'Stadium Tuneup'. :biggrin:

FLACO was a bit upset, and I think his Police Car would have done better.:eek: I tell you guys, he was so upset he had to call Pappa Lou and give him an ear full, and yes, he does expect a refund...:D

Donnie, even though his car was Very Detuned was still all over the place. It's always a pleasure seeing him run! Many spectators were like:eek: Eh, I'll leave it at that.

On a good note, I still managed an 7.33 @ 99.4mph. with a turbo lagging 1.98 60ft.

It was very nice seeing everyone! Sure hope we can do it again sometime soon.

Ray

Had a great time, and it was good to see some of the SW crowd again. I agree, we should do it again. I think next time I will bring the car anyhow, and test the "FOR SALE"/ wreck theory. It is too hard to watch and not run. ;)

Here is a link to about 3 minutes of us at Barona, and about 7 1/2 of last night at QC:

Southwest Buicks at Barona and Qualcomm 1 - YouTube

Let me know if it doesn't work. First time uploading and linking anything from youtube.

Yeah, Flaco always picks on me. Like some little Chihuahua nipping at my ankles.

Hah! Slipping all through first gear.
x2 to the Cool vid!

Did you check out the video description? The fella went all out with the Buick TR history.