Racetronix

Status
Not open for further replies.
8 days and no word, I'm out

Hell, I hear ya. I couldn't make heads or tails out of the very confusing website. I asked for a price shipped for everything needed to do a double pumper and got a response to go look at the website. I couldn't deal with that kind of sale with no tech support other than a forum and no way to talk to him. Sorry to be that way but I just will not do business with a company that can't be reached. Went with a non-vendor for my DP due to them actually answering the phone.

Bryan

Hell, I hear ya. I couldn't make heads or tails out of the very confusing website. I asked for a price shipped for everything needed to do a double pumper and got a response to go look at the website. I couldn't deal with that kind of sale with no tech support other than a forum and no way to talk to him. Sorry to be that way but I just will not do business with a company that can't be reached. Went with a non-vendor for my DP due to them actually answering the phone.

Bryan

If you require retail phone sales and support we have dealers!

It's kind of difficult to send pictures and manuals via a phone in order to provide support. Does your non-supporting vendor have a forum where questions are answered 24/7? Does your vendor reply to forum posts at all hours of the night and on weekends? How often do people have to play long-distance telephone tag with a vendor to get answers to questions which have already been addressed before on our forum and only a click away. How often has a customer started a project and run into a problem only to find their vendor is closed for the weekend?

It is odd how people have no problem using this forum to get the info they need at all hours of the day and night yet they complain about the concept of using our support forum for similar reasons.

Blackmonte and other customers can attest to the value of our forum and the efficiency it offers in dealing with problems.

Jack has been a great vendor and has bent over backwards for me before when I need some things.We even met couple times. His response time is at the very top along with some other vendors I use.

:cheers:

They sell pumps and hot wire kits basically, right ? Ordered both, instructions in box, how much more do you need to know... we have the biggest forum for answers right here. Aren't they in Canada ? I added a few days in for that reason, got both my orders in a week or so. If your in a big hurry order and pay for overnight.

They sell pumps and hot wire kits only, right ? Ordered both, instructions in box, how much more do you need to know... we have the biggest forum for answers right here. Aren't they in Canada ? I added a few days in for that reason, got both my orders in a week or so. If your in a big hurry order and pay for overnight.

Actually we sell more than just HW kits. Please check our web store.
Shipping from Racetronix is the same time frame as shipping from NY state.

Actually when I tried the site right now and clicked Buick on the right, I was led to a hotwire and two pump kits. I know you sell the fan kit too, but I had to search for fan kit seperatley, it didn't come up under Buick. Might want to get everything listing under Buick, don't know about others, but I usually look for parts that way on sites.

Actually when I tried the site right now and clicked Buick on the right, I was led to a hotwire and two pump kits. I know you sell the fan kit too, but I had to search for fan kit seperatley, it didn't come up under Buick. Might want to get everything listing under Buick, don't know about others, but I usually look for parts that way on sites.

The web store is a work in progress. We have many items to add over the next while. Thanks

I didn't mean for this to turn into a bash Racetronix thread. E-mail communication worked perfect. My issue was resolved quickly. I have no problems or complaints about how my transaction was handled with Racetronix.

If you require retail phone sales and support we have dealers!

It's kind of difficult to send pictures and manuals via a phone in order to provide support. Does your non-supporting vendor have a forum where questions are answered 24/7? Does your vendor reply to forum posts at all hours of the night and on weekends? How often do people have to play long-distance telephone tag with a vendor to get answers to questions which have already been addressed before on our forum and only a click away. How often has a customer started a project and run into a problem only to find their vendor is closed for the weekend?

It is odd how people have no problem using this forum to get the info they need at all hours of the day and night yet they complain about the concept of using our support forum for similar reasons.

Blackmonte and other customers can attest to the value of our forum and the efficiency it offers in dealing with problems.

Jack, you can spin this any way you like but it does not take away from the fact that YOU chose to be a vendor here but you have no phone number for contact. You also have a website that needs work. It is not that I require tech support, it is the fact that you have a very confusing website that does not provide the info needed, nor do you have a complete solution.It is at best a guessing game and then hobbling together a pump hanger. I don't have time for this. My non-vendor had a complete solution including both pumps,sender and wiring with hobbs switch, which does not require a forum to install. With one phone call it was ordered and delivered. No emails back and forth about whether or not you had the Y connector or fuel pump mounts or what would be included or what else was needed. As far as starting a project and needing to contact your vendor goes I have absolutely no problem getting Jack Cotton on his cell phone any time I need him, weekends included for questions,advice or parts. It seems odd to me that someone would sign up to be a vendor here without a phone number for contact.
I felt that you were on the right track with your harness and that is why I tried to purchase through you, It just is not worth my time to email back and forth. I feel that when you are able to offer a complete solution things will be better. Best of luck in the future.

Bryan

Jack, you can spin this any way you like but it does not take away from the fact that YOU chose to be a vendor here but you have no phone number for contact. You also have a website that needs work. It is not that I require tech support, it is the fact that you have a very confusing website that does not provide the info needed, nor do you have a complete solution.It is at best a guessing game and then hobbling together a pump hanger. I don't have time for this. My non-vendor had a complete solution including both pumps,sender and wiring with hobbs switch, which does not require a forum to install. With one phone call it was ordered and delivered. No emails back and forth about whether or not you had the Y connector or fuel pump mounts or what would be included or what else was needed. As far as starting a project and needing to contact your vendor goes I have absolutely no problem getting Jack Cotton on his cell phone any time I need him, weekends included for questions,advice or parts. It seems odd to me that someone would sign up to be a vendor here without a phone number for contact.
I felt that you were on the right track with your harness and that is why I tried to purchase through you, It just is not worth my time to email back and forth. I feel that when you are able to offer a complete solution things will be better. Best of luck in the future.

Bryan

We maintain the integrity of the relationships with our dealers which you are free to chose from. We are not a retail operation but we help as much as we can; such as this forum and our support forum.

Here are several Buick HP dealers who are willing to help with your Racetronix product needs;

Eric @ TurboTweak
Eric @ Eric's Performance Parts Plus
Mike @ Race Proven Motors

I just bought a fuel pump from them and have to say I was a bit frustrated with the site.

Here was my issue both fuel pump setups say they are direct wire up no adapters needed.....but in all actuality the G77 is the one you need for the walbro on the 87 cars otherwise you have to splice and such.

I was using a 86 hanger in my 87 and swapped back to my original 87 and the wiring adapter that came with the G75 (which is what I order since it said it was was a direct deal) needed to be spliced in and no way would work. I aint splicing and cutting upo the wiring unless I really have to so.....

The wiring adapter I already had on the 86 for my old Walbro i had to swap over to the 87 hanger since the one that came withet G35 kit wouldnt work .

That under construction banner on their site has been on there for a while and yes you guys make a good product but...my frustration is dont say its a direct wire up when it isnt. Its fuel pump wiring adapter in the pic for the G77 that should come with both kits. better yet just offer the 77.

Not sure how you could use the 75 with out cutting and splicing? Again the hanger to the pump wiring adapter that comes with the 75 aint gonna work as advertised in a 87 turbo regal...im just saying.
Hopefully you guys will get the site straight soon and issues like this will be taken care of.
Other than than keep up teh good work and thanx for being a vendor.

G75 Fuel Pump Assembly

Walbro GSS340M 255L/Hr high-pressure fuel pump
Filter sock - 30 micron filtering (factory=70 micron)
Walbro to GM direct in-tank wiring harness (no adapters)
High pressure fuel line
Stainless gear clamps
Rubber pump mount
Pump sound insulation sleeve
O-ring tank seal
Pump test lead

G77 Fuel Pump Assembly

High pressure fuel line
Stainless gear clamps
Rubber pump mount
O-ring tank seal
Pump test lead

I just bought a fuel pump from them and have to say I was a bit frustrated with the site.

Here was my issue both fuel pump setups say they are direct wire up no adapters needed.....but in all actuality the G77 is the one you need for the walbro on the 87 cars otherwise you have to splice and such.

I was using a 86 hanger in my 87 and swapped back to my original 87 and the wiring adapter that came with the G75 (which is what I order since it said it was was a direct deal) needed to be spliced in and no way would work. I aint splicing and cutting upo the wiring unless I really have to so.....

The wiring adapter I already had on the 86 for my old Walbro swapped right over to the 87 hanger .

That under construction banner on their site has been on there for a while and yes you guys make a good product but...my frustration is dont say its a direct wire up when it isnt. Its fuel pump wiring adapter in the pic for the G77 that should come with both kits. better yet just offer the 77.

Not sure how you could use the 75 with out cutting and splicing? Again the hanger to the pump wiring adapter that comes with the 75 aint gonna work as advertised in a 87 turbo regal...im just saying.
Hopefully you guys will get the site straight soon and issues like this will be taken care of.

G75 Fuel Pump Assembly

High pressure fuel line
Stainless gear clamps
Rubber pump mount
O-ring tank seal
Pump test lead

G77 Fuel Pump Assembly

High pressure fuel line
Stainless gear clamps
Rubber pump mount
O-ring tank seal
Pump test lead

The G7X install kits are not specific to a model year of car but rather a type of GM-only hanger which can be identified by the colors of its external wires. The G77 and G75 in-tank harnesses are direct plug and play with the correct hangers. They may not be compatible with aftermarket hangers or hangers retrofitted from other types of cars.

This info is covered in our .com and .biz web store:

RXG7-FPKG

Hold on this is not other or aftermarket stuff we are talking 86 and 87 Turbo buicks stuff. Just like your site says

Then why are both kits in the buick "model specific" drop down menu?

Racetronix - Buick

Looks like Turbo Buick specific to me...Come on seriously you have to see that side of it right?

Its just bad info.

My 86 hanger HAS THE DIFFERENT COLR WIRES vs teh 87 and it is not the issue its the statement for both the 75 and 77 saying the wiring will work when it will not.

The G75 wiring adapter "Walbro to GM direct in-tank wiring harness (no adapters)" kit WILL NOT WORK with the 86 and 87 and a walbro pump like you sell as a direct plug an play without splicing. The G77 is the one you need. I orederthe G75 and thankfully I had the proper harness already and swapped it other wise it would have been splice or wait for the proper harness.

As you can tell, their support on the board is pretty solid.

I know when we were going through Walbro fuel pump problems, Racetronix was VERY quick to support the recently famed Denso pump with highly needed kits to upgrade our through tank wiring to support that pump. Jack was updating VERY regularly and their products are definately of quality. I am not trying to quiet any one trying to vent their concerns, but pointing out that there are good aspects of what Jack and his team are doing for our community. I agree that their own site could use some improving. I have had questions also, but I asked and then received answers to what I needed to order. It was done and over.

Mike

this aint gonna work

Attachments

• G75-PIK.jpg
    G75-PIK.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 96
Hold on this is not other or aftermarket stuff we are talking 86 and 87 Turbo buicks stuff. Just like your site says

Then why are both kits in the buick "model specific" drop down menu?

Racetronix - Buick

Looks like Turbo Buick specific to me...Come on seriously you have to see that side of it right?

Its just bad info.

My 86 hanger HAS THE DIFFERENT COLR WIRES vs teh 87 and it is not the issue its the statement for both the 75 and 77 saying the wiring will work when it will not.

The G75 wiring adapter "Walbro to GM direct in-tank wiring harness (no adapters)" kit WILL NOT WORK with the 86 and 87 and a walbro pump like you sell as a direct plug an play without splicing. The G77 is the one you need. I orederthe G35 and thankfully I had the proper harness already and swapped it other wise it would have been splice or wait for the proper harness.

What you are saying does not make sense? G35? They are both PnP adapters depending on the sender type. Perhaps you can join our support forum and post pictures of what you are trying to get across here. We can make sense of it on there. Thanks.

I give credit :D and yes they have a good rep and based on that rep is why i ordered

What you are saying does not make sense? G35? They are both PnP adapters depending on the sender type. Perhaps you can join our support forum and post pictures of what you are trying to get across here. We can make sense of it on there. Thanks.

HUH jeez dude..come on as many times as I wrote 75 up in the posts elswhere..it was a typo in that one spot.

I feel i was pretty clear and would like to have this info on this board for future searches.

Let it be known:D......

If you have a 86 or 87 turbo Regal order the G77 fuel kit since the G75 kit doesnt come with the appropriate wiring harness to directly plug into your existing plugs and hanger wiring and will require splicing and such.

All im saying

Ill check out teh tech site later and hash that around cant access it from this terminal

If you order a TR fuel pump kit make sure you check the color of the wires coming out of your sender to determine if you require the G75 or G77 version. Support can be had 24/7 via our forum to registered customers.

This thread is done.

Status
Not open for further replies.