Racetronix

cetme1

I am in need of some assistance with a purchase I made. It was a Walbro 340fuel pump, hot wire kit, and ground kit.

The problem, as I have already explained on the RACETRONIX tech forum, is that the fuel pump is defective. I need to exchange it. I feel like I am getting the cold shoulder treatment. My emails are going unanswered, no one is responding on the tech forum, at least since Friday.

Is there an actual phone number so that a human can speak to me on the phone to resolve this?????

This is not a rant, yet. I just need some customer service. I'll let everyone know how this goes with a much longer, more detailed post.

I don't think they are ducking you , they just do not respond to e-mails. About 1 month ago I wanted to order a dual fan wiring harness from them. I was not sure which one to get from their web site so I emailed them , PM'd them, and then emailed again. I never got a response , and that is someone that is trying to buy something :confused:
That being said I gotta give it to them , they do make some quality stuff. Good luck getting in touch with them.

That's why I got my fuel pumps from Turbotweak, when I had a problem Eric took care of me right away had my new pump in 3 days. He sells Racetronix pumps

Yeah Racetronix's lost a huge sell yesterday, left them a nice fluffy E-mail no response, typical, Turbotweaks got the total package from me. I pretty much don't deal with e-mail only companies, I feel they can't talk to me then they don't need my business.I think Ractronix's is like not in the business for retail they manly deal with major performance accounts, problem with that is I have yet found there products anywhere but there site. Good luck!

I am in need of some assistance with a purchase I made. It was a Walbro 340fuel pump, hot wire kit, and ground kit.

The problem, as I have already explained on the RACETRONIX tech forum, is that the fuel pump is defective. I need to exchange it. I feel like I am getting the cold shoulder treatment. My emails are going unanswered, no one is responding on the tech forum, at least since Friday.

Is there an actual phone number so that a human can speak to me on the phone to resolve this?????

This is not a rant, yet. I just need some customer service. I'll let everyone know how this goes with a much longer, more detailed post.

We have tried to call you on a few occasions since your first e-mail a few days ago on your 289 # ???

We have tried to call you on a few occasions since your first e-mail a few days ago on your 289 # ???

I have not received any messages. My answering machine is always on. That is the last 3 digits of my phone number. Please call again or call my other number and leave a message or a phone number. If I am there I will answer the phone.

We have tried to call you an a few occasions since your first-mail and post...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by RXADMIN : 10-07-2009 at 06:39 PM.

Just got this on the RACETRONIX forum. Looks like they are telling me that they are not going to replace the defective pump that they sold me. Unbelieveable!!!!! I will be writing a very long detailed post on this, maybe I can save someone else in the car community the trouble, and some of their hard earned money. I 'll post on all the car forums that I am a member of.

Better business complainant will be filed as well.

I should have used a real dealer, can anyone point me toward a company that sells and stands behind their product? I need a fuel pump.

Posts such as this are counterproductive.

Posting ultimatums will NOT help the customer get resolution.

Walbro sets the warranty policy on pumps. If people don't like their policies they are free to contact them to express their grievances.

The customer has been contacted with regards to his posts and he knows what it is going to take to move forward.

Posts such as this are counterproductive.

Posting ultimatums will NOT help the customer get resolution.

Walbro sets the warranty policy on pumps. If people don't like their policies they are free to contact them to express their grievances.

The customer has been contacted with regards to his posts and he knows what it is going to take to move forward.

Since my above post, Jack has contacted me, and stated he will see what he can do. I will give him the benefit of the doubt and refrain from anymore updates until this is resolved.

Well its been about a month and no word on assisting me with the defective pump that they sold me.

At this point I feel that my money and time have been stolen. A legitimate company would not behave this way. I may be out the money and time, but I have learned to never deal with a company with such a poor reputation. If you noticed their above post they deleted their own comments that they made on their own forum. Why would a reputable company do that? Answer- they wouldn't.

I did order and install a new fuel pump from FULL THROTTLE. The pump worked perfectly. I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for a walbro.

Well its been about a month and no word on assisting me with the defective pump that they sold me.

At this point I feel that my money and time have been stolen. A legitimate company would not behave this way. I may be out the money and time, but I have learned to never deal with a company with such a poor reputation. If you noticed their above post they deleted their own comments that they made on their own forum. Why would a reputable company do that? Answer- they wouldn't.

I did order and install a new fuel pump from FULL THROTTLE. The pump worked perfectly. I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for a walbro.

This is not about being a credible company. Our customers know we are here to supply quality products and support.

It is common knowledge that Walbro does not supply any warranty with their HP pumps (since 2004). The GSS340M we bundle with our G7 kits has proven to be very reliable and did not experience the problems associated with the F2000169 model. If there was a manufacturing defect with your GSS340M then it would show up on the entire production lot. Walbo pumps are thoroughly tested at the factory. Racetronix goes the extra mile by placing them in a plactic bag, bubble wrap and a solid cardboard box so that they are not damaged in shipping.

All this being said I did contact Walbro to have them speak with you about their policy but I assume they did not call you. I am at AAPEX this week so again I will express my concern with regards to their warranty program and lack of a direct warranty statement.

Some vendors do provide a warranty but the customer does end up paying a premium for it. While these extra fees may give some customers peace of mind for the first few months of ownership IMO it is not justified. These vendors are playing the odds so if they charge an extra $10+ per pump it is a win/win situation for them since claim rates are not 10% but less than 0.5%. The claims we have on Walbro pumps are very low and in most cases nothing to do with a manufacturing defect and most often to do improper installation or contamination. Racetronix places very little margin on our pumps but instead bundles value-added in-tank harnesses and upgrades. These upgrades address the most common points of failure on the aging Buick senders.

Your forum thread still remains. Your access to the support forum has been revoked because you violated the user agreement. The forum is a tech support medium and is not meant to be used as a tool to coerce Racetronix into providing you with a warranty. Perhaps you should be slamming Walbro but you know that would fall on deaf ears so it is easier to attack Racetronix.

You are welcome to contact Walbro here if you wish to express your dissatisfaction with their lack of warranty (assuming this has nothing to do with installer error):

About Walbro