Racetronix double pumper install

Onalky87

I'm about to order the double pumper from FULLTHROTTLE but not sure not hard it will be to install. Anyone have a write up on how they did it or know if it comes with instructions?

Also, is there anythjng else that i need thats nlt inthat kit? And will my tune change?

I purchased mine from SE Turbo...They are pretty much the same thing...Two 340 pumps on a single hanger w/wiring harness for a direct replacement....They fit snug in tank, but they will both go in...A hobbs switch with the wire needed to tap into vacuum line to activate 2nd pump upon set boost demand. I believe my Hobbs switch is set at 12lbs :) So both pumps dont run all the time :cool: Also comes with instructions...didnt seem to difficult..Although i will be the 1st to admit....I was an assistant in the procedure :oops: Gnxtc2 aka..Billy T is the master tech that did my install. He made it look easy to me. I'm Sure you can handle it, and its peace of mind

installation isnt too bad, just try to get a car lift. The hardest parts are shoving the pumps in the tank which I recommend trimming/filing a little fat off the tank o-ring surface to ease install and placing a small zip tie to hold the float rod to the sensor eventhough it clips in. Routing the wiring harness from front to rear or vice versa-follows path of supply fuel line(drivers side), if running a single exhaust it'll be easy but for dual's I traced a path away from heat(Rear). Get some wire loom clamps and small metals screws and you can blaze you path.Beats trying to route wires and relays through the body.If I can get to the shop within this week I'll snap some shots and shot'em out.

Ok Thanx guys! As long as it comes with detailed instructions I think I can handle it. Although them pictures would be very helpful if u don't mind

Ok Thanx guys! As long as it comes with detailed instructions I think I can handle it. Although them pictures would be very helpful if u don't mind

It does not come with any instruction manual. Info is available via our support forum only.

Ask your sales guy if they offer tech support for the product that they sell especially on Racetronix stuff.
Racetronix makes some badass stuff but from my experience communication with them sucks big time.
I have a list of Racetronix stuff that i am going to buy but before i buy i want to make sure that the vendor will offer me direct tech support and NOT refer me to Racetronix for anything.
as far as installation do a search on here, you should find lots of pictures and write ups.
Also you can start an "installation" thread, these guys here are great and will help you out.

I am just about done with my installation and have started a thread on it here...... http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/th...llation-still-in-process.389963/#post-3156038

Since I am done dealing with the blizzard here in CT I will get some more pics up today. I went all out though with custom fuel rails that I dual feed and I am running an external fuel regulator but it will give you an idea on how the wiring is done.

I did have one problem though, once I got everything hooked up I noticed that the fuel level gauge is stuck on full. Have installed fuel pumps a few times and never had an issue with that. Really don't feel like dropping the tank but looks like I will have to. Pumps went in pretty easy into my tank so don't think I knocked the float off or anything and a visual check of the wiring before I put it in looked fine.

I am just about done with my installation and have started a thread on it here...... http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/th...llation-still-in-process.389963/#post-3156038

Since I am done dealing with the blizzard here in CT I will get some more pics up today. I went all out though with custom fuel rails that I dual feed and I am running an external fuel regulator but it will give you an idea on how the wiring is done.

I did have one problem though, once I got everything hooked up I noticed that the fuel level gauge is stuck on full. Have installed fuel pumps a few times and never had an issue with that. Really don't feel like dropping the tank but looks like I will have to. Pumps went in pretty easy into my tank so don't think I knocked the float off or anything and a visual check of the wiring before I put it in looked fine.
Racetronix hanger??
If so i had the same problem Finally a board member sent me a PM to leave the tank about halfway and do some driving to get the float moving around, not sure if that was it put after a few days it finally started working.

Yes, Racetronix hanger. I didn't buy directly from them, got from one of my customers who was going a different route. Setup was mocked up but not run. Yeah, don't really want to drop the tank so maybe will try what you suggest. Will use the trip meter for now I guess.

If you decide to run -6 and -8's for fuel lines I have a guaranteed fix for running a stock regulator, instead of running an adapter in the front go to a hyd hose manufacturer and have them braze weld a -6 on using your old fuel line for parts: 14mm x 1.5 fitting coming out of reg and cutting tubing just before the first bend. I was having issues running an adapter with Champion fuel rails and a stock location regulator and this turned out to be a sure win. A lesson from the trenches..

Is the -8 and -6 lines a requirement? At what hp are they required?

Sent from my iPhone using Turbo Buick

Dude, I just got done installing mine. I was a little hesitant because it is my first time messing with my gn other Than basic stuff.
The racetronix kit is very well made to say the least. Everything is labeled so you cant really mess anything up.
Really glad I decided to do the job myself rather than outsourcing it to someone.

Like mentioned before the hardest part was convincing both pumps that they wanted to go in the tank lol

Is the -8 and -6 lines a requirement? At what hp are they required?

-8/-6 TEFLON lines are required with our 680LPH DP system. Factory lines may be used with our 510LPH system as long as the pumps are staged using our pressure switch or PCM.

Yes I bought the 510lph kit. And I bought the Hobbs switch as well set at 15psi

Any tips or tricks to making the new float work correctly so my gas gauge is accurate? Because right now full is wayyy past F and if ur at half a tank on gauge you are about to run out of gas

What does the Hobbs harness and Hobbs switch look like? And how do u know that the other pump is turning on under boost