Racegate owners

Boost231

What's An Intercooler
Staff member
who is running a racegate. and do u have any pics? how did u attach it the the crossover and all that

brent

After seeing my friend's gate mounted to the crossover, I've decided to put mine in the engine compartment between the up and downpipe. It gets dirty very fast not to mention it's one of the lowest points under the car so it has a good chance of hitting something. Plus my Innovative Turbo gate looks too good to be underneath the car. It's an easy 30 minute install that a good muffler shop should be able to do. Just make sure you get two flanges when you order it.

I had my deltagate on the x-over and in the up-pipe, both work good. I liked it on the up-pipe better tho.

racegate

I have been using a racegate for 4 years. My crossover is not a factory piece. A factory piece is double walled. Not saying you can/t weld it in like I did, just that my crossover is single walled 14 gauge tubing, but run in the same location as original. My gate is welded in just below the driver side flange ( header to crossover) about where your left foot rest. I made a short tubing nipple with mating flange. With exhaust system on car and gate bolted to flanged nipple, hold it up to crossover and locate and mark best spot, take into account the sterring collum linkage. I welded mine on them went trough nipple and bored the hole. Using a die ginder I radiused all sharp edges. Hope this is what you are looking for. I later piped mine into the exhaust system. Ran it for 3 years just dumpimg to atmosphere. Makes a fluttering noise under boost. Some people don/t like the noise, didn/t bother me but my Darling didn/t care for it. I heard a turbo guru (at a tech session) say that a wastegate will not work on the crossover. I didn/t ask for any details or ? him as I thought it would be fruitless.
I don/t see any other place to put an external gate on an 84-85. That looked to be the best spot.( for me anyway)

i'm running a deltagate on the crossover,piped over to the exhaust.mine is in the same spot as lee's...go figure,he made my headers:D.

i did run mine open for a while but it was a little loud.

later,sean

I run mine on the X-over also. I'll agree that it is VERY low to the ground. don't plan on going over any speed bumps or rough driveways. anyway I run mine open and I love the loudness. sounds like a jet plane taking off!!!

Pics

Put mine on the crossover too. Had to cut through the outer wall of the crossover to weld to the inner one. Seems to work fine. I mounted mine so it wasn't the low point on the car, it fits slightly into the lower controll arm area on the drivers side. If you want to see some pics read my signature.

Allen