Race Gas near Chicago?

Turbo6Chicago said:
Well my only guess is that when I went to Phillips, the pump with the race gas looks ancient, so even though it's unleaded maybe it still has the different size nozzle on it from the leaded days, and that's why he said I'd still need a container.

Oh well, for the price of 10 gallons of race gas, I'm going to see what an RJC power plate can do for me first.
You can get a power plate from Gary at Street Perfromance in Elk Grove. They have them in stock. 847-690-0925

2GNS4ME said:
There is a gas station that sells higher octane in Morton Grove on Golf and Washington but Im not sure what the octane is....if your interested I can stop by after work and let you know.

The gas station 2GNS4ME ;-) is referring to used to be called 2001 but now is a Clark gas station. It's definitely 100 octane nowadays.

wickedv6 said:
It’s probably way too far for you but the Marathon down the street from me RT47 and North Ave , I believe it’s in Lilly Lake, always has 110 all year around.

HTH
Prasad

Not far at all ;-) What's the price per gallon?

for the record, select Gas City stations still carry 100 octane and believe it or not Meijer Food stores that have the gas stations aside also have select areas that carry 100 octane for $4.99

my .02cents....

I don't know anything about gas stations and turbo cars...i just thought i'd chime in..... ;-)

Barrington Phillips 66, 6-18-08, $6.299... :rolleyes:

Phillips 66 on Route 59 near Lake Cook Rd in Barrington has 110 unleaded at $4.79 right now, up .90cents since May.

Though he is a jag bag for raising the price .90cents in one week and then saying its racing season as the reason why to me, its still better than the 100 octane prices I have seen around here.

There are a few other 110 unleaded stations, but this one is closest to you.

I do not think there is such a thing as 110 unleaded. I used to live near the station in Barrington and even though they say it's 110... I think it's really 100 or so because 110 race gas is a leaded fuel. The owner of that station seems kind of shady IMO.

Check this out! This is a Citgo on rt.60 and Diamond Lake Rd.
Its cheaper then Diesel!!!!!!

IMG00311-vi.jpg

Sweet, thanks for the heads up!! I work in Libertyville so that one's easy for me to get to. I think that's cheaper than the Barrington 66 was last summer... :rolleyes:

CRAP!! Phillips 66 was just $5.29 last week, damn I knew they would do it again. :mad:

And I eventually found out it's not 110 unleaded, no such thing, it's Citgo 110 leaded and I've run it in my daily driver Talon for at least 2 years now and it's leaded, killed a stock 02 in 3 weeks and kills the Stainless Denso in about 8 months.

Gas City in Schaumburg is way overpriced and I think it's only 100 or 103. :redface:

Marathon in Mundelein is overpriced for 100 octane, haven't used it in probably 4 years.

I knew about two other stations with 110 up north but never went to either. The Citgo on Rt 60 and Diamond Lake might be my new fix. But I think that's the station that won't allow you to pump it into your car ( funky nozzle ), just containers right?

IMG00311-vi.jpg

SHNIT! I'll be heading over there tomorrow with (4) 7 gallon cans in the back o' my Pick'em Up truck!

But I think that's the station that won't allow you to pump it into your car ( funky nozzle ), just containers right?

I see lots of older cars there getting it. If the nozzle is bigger just bring a funnel. ;)

LOL, now we're talking. I just realized that Citgo is right near the Marathon which is on the corner of Route 60 and 83 right.:mad:

I've driven by there a bunch of times but never noticed the pump, damn that's closer if it's the place.

Citgo on Route 60 and Diamond Lake has the larger nozzle and is definitely leaded 110. :biggrin:

Can't believe this has been here for a while and I've been going to Barringtons, nice find Chris K.