Race Gas near Chicago?

BlackMetal

MIGHT be doing some dyno pulls on Friday. Before I go chasing a 5gal container of Xylene, are there any places that sell 100+ octane around Chicago/Schaumburg? Any chance of finding some unleaded? Or will my car be ok having a few gallons of leaded gas just for one time?

heard of station in barrington with 100 + pump gas, think it's a citgo , on barringto road

gmncop said:
heard of station in barrington with 100 + pump gas, think it's a citgo , on barringto road

In Barrington, right across the street from the Volvo dealer on Barrington Road, north of the RR tracks is a Marathon( I think) station that sells 110 unleaded. I've used it for years with no problems. Go on a Thursday night because then you could go to the Barrington cruise night. Paul

I think it is Citgo on Bloomingdale road about a mile North of North Ave in Glendale Heights has 110 leaded for $5/gal. You must put it in a container though.

There is a gas station that sells higher octane in Morton Grove on Golf and Washington but Im not sure what the octane is....if your interested I can stop by after work and let you know.

2GNS4ME said:
There is a gas station that sells higher octane in Morton Grove on Golf and Washington but Im not sure what the octane is....if your interested I can stop by after work and let you know.
that used to be an old gas station,I think they tore it down and did not bring the octane gas back...not sure tho...

Gas city in Schaumburg sells race gas. I think it is on Golf road, and I can't remember the other cross street.

I have a Denso O2 sensor, and I run leaded 110 all of the time. I don't have a cat though

Phillips 66 on Route 59 near Lake Cook Rd in Barrington has 110 unleaded at $4.79 right now, up .90cents since May.

Though he is a jag bag for raising the price .90cents in one week and then saying its racing season as the reason why to me, its still better than the 100 octane prices I have seen around here.

There are a few other 110 unleaded stations, but this one is closest to you.

The closest one to my house is a little over twenty miles away for 110. I bought a bunch of five gallon cans, so I fill them all up when I go there then come back home to fill up my car. Saves mileage, and wasted gas.

I have a few buddies in Lake in the Hills, its not that bad of a ride.

I also take two 5 gallon jugs and then add 5 in the tank. Lasts my talon only 2 weeks. :frown: Damn AWD with no lock up converter!!

It's not that bad of a ride, but at almost $5.00 a gallon i'll leave the car in the garage. The station I go to is in Sycamore. Do you know of any closer that sell at least 110? Thanks

I found a Phillips 66 really close to my house at Harlem and Grand, 110 octane, yet even though it's unleaded the guy told me it had to be put into a container, not directly into a car. By the time I go buy some 5 gal containers and fill them up with race gas I might as well just start a fund for an alky kit.

It’s probably way too far for you but the Marathon down the street from me RT47 and North Ave , I believe it’s in Lilly Lake, always has 110 all year around.

HTH
Prasad

Turbo6Chicago said:
I found a Phillips 66 really close to my house at Harlem and Grand, 110 octane, yet even though it's unleaded the guy told me it had to be put into a container, not directly into a car. By the time I go buy some 5 gal containers and fill them up with race gas I might as well just start a fund for an alky kit.
If it's really 110 octane then it is unleaded. If it's pink it's from Citgo in Lemont. It's against the law to pump leaded fuel directly into a car. I have 3 6 gallon cans and it's actually kind of nice. I can pour two in, and I know I have some at home when I run the first 2 out.

Well my only guess is that when I went to Phillips, the pump with the race gas looks ancient, so even though it's unleaded maybe it still has the different size nozzle on it from the leaded days, and that's why he said I'd still need a container.

Oh well, for the price of 10 gallons of race gas, I'm going to see what an RJC power plate can do for me first.