Race fuel or alky

Well if I had to choose between race gas and Meth/93 on a car I drive 600 miles per year...race fuel.

600 miles at 15 mpg is 45 gallons
That's 9 cans of C16 at 90 per can that's 810
There's your alky kit :) and almost a set of drag radials

Come on...you guys are killing me here. Alky kit Plus the 93 in the tank and the actual Meth consumption. So in Chicago.. 93 is $4.00 a gallon, 5 gallons of methanol is $40 and my guys burn a tank of gas and a gallon of Meth when pimping their Buicks. That comes out to $790.

I about freaked out when I bought my first 5 gal of meth the other day. She wrote $15 on the ticket and I thought that was the price per gallon- but that was the total! She said they overbought this spring and offered to sell a barrel for $100.

I about freaked out when I bought my first 5 gal of meth the other day. She wrote $15 on the ticket and I thought that was the price per gallon- but that was the total! She said they overbought this spring and offered to sell a barrel for $100.
Get me a barrel lol

hmmmmm...... I haven't seen any e85 stations or local race fuel suppliers weigh in as Julio has on the ALKY kit!! For my money the option of his kit along with the personal support makes it the best choice if you need it!!
"Buy the best and only complain once" 1 mans opinion!!;)

I have been down the race the street. I used to run 110 on the street for $4.00/gal about 9 years ago. As soon as it got to $6/gal I got the Alky kit. Overall it has been great. I have thought about going E85 but my car runs great and I dont feel like doing the work. lol I would do the whole shot of getting new lines too. Just since the car is so old. But maybe someday. Those new kits from Racetronix are making it tempting. :)

I've been also debating switching over to race fuel. Both I and evil666 have run 25-26 psi on 94 octane and meth. We had great results when running stock engines and running low 11's at around 120 mph in the quarter. Now with built engines going over 130 mph we feel that maybe we need that extra cushion that the race fuel should offer. This all started when I spoke to a reputable engine builder, I won't mention his name. He told me "pump/meth at 25-27 psi on a stock motor is one thing, do that on a built motor running between 130-135 mph in the 1/4 and your gonna break everything".

He told me "pump/meth at 25-27 psi on a stock motor is one thing, do that on a built motor running between 130-135 mph in the 1/4 and your gonna break everything".

BS !!! Guess he can't tune for Alky !!!! :rolleyes: Guess they NEVER blow up on race gas to????:D I don't think anyone drives there cars more than we do. Break stuff ??? NO ... BUT we take care of our stuff.. Our engines are taken down every year or to an everything checked !! Trans the same thing ! PLUS the car has to be up to the challenge at that power to. You have knock in the car it's gonna go BOOM. YES I do know that stuff just happens !!! Pushing 25 year old junk sooner or later something is goin to go.

I don't mean to hijack the thread, its just that evil666 and i see each other weekly at our local hangout. I'm the one who put some doubt in his mind to begin with. So I guess the pump gas/meth is up to the task it all depends on how spot on the tune is. We just have to make sure there are no hiccups and it will survive.