R.I.P.Larry Tournay

750H.P.V6

Brutal 6 Racing
Some of you guys might ask Larry who?

Well, Larry was a fellow Turbo Buick enthusiast and one time vice president of the BGNRA approx 6-7 years ago. He and his good friend Chris Wilson were inseparable at most of the BGNRA meetings, car shows, Street Legal Drags etc.

I received a PM from Chris on the Pontiac GTO forum to let me know Larry passed away on Friday evening. Unknown to me Larry had been diagnosed with bladder cancer about a year ago but had gone into remission until recently. His cancer came back full force. He got an infection which went septic and claimed his life.

I wanted to express my condolences to his family and let all those who knew him know what had happened.

God Speed Larry

Neal

I am sorry to hear this, my condolonces also go out to his family and friends, Godspeed.

sorry to hear ...

my thoughts and prayers go out to him and his family..

Sorry to hear this. Best wishes to his friends and family. God speed.

Guy's.

I figured I'd include a photo from Pomona circa 2000 which shows Both Chris and Larry in it. Larry is 3rd from the left with his buddy Chris next to him.

Neal

Attachments

• Was_a_group_shot_at_Pomona.jpg
    Was_a_group_shot_at_Pomona.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 192
Some of you guys might ask Larry who?

Well, Larry was a fellow Turbo Buick enthusiast and one time vice president of the BGNRA approx 6-7 years ago. He and his good friend Chris Wilson were inseparable at most of the BGNRA meetings, car shows, Street Legal Drags etc.

I received a PM from Chris on the Pontiac GTO forum to let me know Larry passed away on Friday evening. Unknown to me Larry had been diagnosed with bladder cancer about a year ago but had gone into remission until recently. His cancer came back full force. He got an infection which went septic and claimed his life.

I wanted to express my condolences to his family and let all those who knew him know what had happened.

God Speed Larry

Neal

Larry is a good man, I also came to know him and Chris, seeing them at various functions-fun loving guy he was. A recollection here-saw them in Bowling Green several years ago when they took Larry or Chris's car and raced it, they just had a great time. I think you were there at that meet.

pat fierro

Thanks Everyone, Larry was my best friend and it was because of him I got into cars. Larry's wife is going to keep the car for his kids (now 4 & 1). I am hoping to get it out of it's hibernation soon to get it running again after Christmas.

Here's a pic from the 2002 Nats (I am driving)
LarrysCar.JPG

Not too many chesnut brown metallic cars out there :)

Chris Wilson