Osteogenic Sarcoma of the Humeres

JT'sV6

Anyone fimilar with this disease or know someone who has had it. My 20yr old step son was diagnosed with this last week. They performed a biopsy yesterday and also took x-ray of his lungs to see if it has spread to his organs. From my understanding this form of bone cancer in this particular bone is pretty rare. We were told to look into UVA or Duke medical center by one of the RN's while at the biopsy. Definatlly going to be asking the dr some serious questions when the test results come back.

About a year and a half ago he had pain in his left shoulder and his mother took him in for an xray. They referred him to physical therapy. In our mind this seemed like a money racket to send a 20yr old to pt so we didnt follow up. FF to now, the pain was still there so a mri was performed and the mass was discovered.

Here is the kicker and what really brought me to tears(yes a grown man does cry), his fother who works for the railroad was diagnosed with colon cancer a few months ago. When Tucker called his biological fother to tell him the news, Ed his fother was in for kemo therapy treatment. He has another brother who is 17 and his half sister 12 which is my biological daughter. I've talked to my daughter about this and she seems to be fine, just really worried. But Jackson, the brother, he is being real quiet not saying a whole lot. I dont know what to say to him. He said this..."My fother has cancer and now my brother, so whats going to happen to me now since I'm next".

Although this is not my biological son, I am prepared to do what ever it takes. Even considering getting a second job on the weekends so his mother can be with him and take off of work if need be. Havent told anyone at my job because I dont want to be the bearer of bad news and ruin anyones christmas. I lost my mother and fother both 11months ago, mom on jan 4th, and dad on jan 6th. I dont know but it seems like bad things keep happening to my loved ones.

It is rare and usually seen in young growing kids.

Your son will be in my thoughts and prayers he may have a long road ahead if it is an aggressive osteosarcoma. I believe Duke and Johns Hopkins are you best bet for cancer facilities.

We will look into duke, thanks. Yes, it's classified in 3 stages of how serious it is. I hope the tumor is binine. He actually thought he was going to go back to work today at the grocery store he works at part time. He is also going to VT to become an electrical engineer. He graduated in the top 5% of his graduating class, so he is very bright young man.

Very sorry to hear about your son. I went through the whole cancer thing with my mother and it is very difficult so you have my empathy. The one positive thing about cancer is it really brings into focus what matters most in your life. Your job, your cars, and all the other "stuff" you own comes in a distant second place behind your family. It also separates your real friends from the fake ones. For what it's worth, I wish your son and your family all the best. God Bless.

Biopsy Came back yesterday and were happy to hear of the results. His lesion is nonmilgnant/noncancerous binine tumor. So christmas come a little early for my family this year. The dr said he'd never seen anything like it and wants a second opinion so he set up an oppointment down in wake forrest, I live in swva.

I jumped the gun and sold a 65 chevy 2 ss roller that my fother had left me when he passed away this year. Was about to sell my 87 at the first of the year as well, now I can keep it for a while. The 65 went to my dads brother so it's still in the family, besides, he has the type of money to finish that project where as I can barelly afford to keep mine on the road,lol.

Want to thank you 86 brick specificlly for the input you give me in the pm's. It really meant a lot for you to take the time to share what you know about the disease. I was on the fence about posting this on a car forum but figured that someone may know a little more than me, and am glad I did so. Thanks again man.