R/C Car Guys? Traxxas Slash!

SGRIM

Owner/Admin TB.com
Staff member
I am looking to get both my kids, and me:D, a Traxxas Slash for Christmas! I don't know much at all about these things. I am looking as much help as possible. I am thinking brushless 4x4's, but not sure about which batteries and chargers to get etc....

I just ordered an E-Revo brushless for my boy yesterday. It ready to go for $309 @ tower hobbies

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

hobbyking.com has good prices on LiPo battery packs. I usually buy my cars from a local shop (I like Traxxas and Associated) and buy motors and batteries from fleabay and hobbyking. Get good at soldering! lol...

taking my girls out to the local indoor track today as a matter of fact....

Oh, and a charger that can charge multiple battery packs at once is the way to go.

Get an associated sc10 4x4. You'll be much happier imop

Old school RC10's can be found on fleabay nib. Or a Losi R10 if you can find one. My best friend in HS was sponsored by TA and then Losi. Went to Germany for the finals in 1989.

Traxxas is a good choice imho......get extra batteries and chargers for multible batteries....brushless, lithum ion is the way to go....see if anyone sells a package.....have fun, new electric stuff is awesome!!

The Slash is a great truck. I was going to get that one but bought the Vaterra Halix today. My boys have some RC cars and I thought it would be a great way to spend time together. You can't go wrong with that truck. Great support and parts are easy to get. If you want to go real fast you can get a 3s battery and do a gear change but it can shorten the life of parts and get hot easier. If you run a 2s battery it should do real well and probably do 40+ mph. GET A GOOD CHARGER. Can't stress that enough. Stock chargers can take all day on some cars. A good charger will get you fully charged in a little over an hour. If you get extra batteries give the car time to cool off between running it.

The slash is a tank...I race Short course..I run a Losi SCTE 2.0, but i got my wife a slash...she can't kill it...Do not get an associated sc10 4x4 unless you are experienced with setups etc...it's a great truck, just not for a beginner, i had one and sold it...

Traxxas are cheaper imop. Associated is worth the extra cost

Boosterd...the Traxxas is cheaper....Do you race or bash....the sc10 is great for racing...I have raced everything (Sc10, Losi, Durango) Maintenance wise the traxxas wins hands down...shaft drive, easy access servo and diffs...the belt drive will start to skip after a while, and have you ever tried to get to the servo in the Sc10? For a truck to use with kids the traxxas is the way to go....to race i would say a losi or durango.

We are going to be playing with them a lot I assume. Already laying out a track in my head:) I am not mechanically inclined so the less maintenance the better for me lol!

Get the slash then...The ultimate is a nice truck..has all the upgrades you need for them...lcg chasis, better shocks, center diff etc

Have you seen the traxxas road car? 100 mph out of the box. I bought the older brother about 15 years ago. 60 mph all wheel drive. Thing was gas powered and nuts. I used to live around the corner from traxxas. They used to be in Garland Tx. Don't know if they are still there.

If you build a race track, I recommend building a stand for" competitiors" to be higher and better view the action...it can be hard to keep up with the fast packed action......pay attention, one of these cars hit you at full speed hurts...lol

Best rc car out there is a Turbo Regal.

image.jpg

you can get a baby r/c1/36 scale for inside the house my 5 year old little girl Christmas present20131201_185123.jpg

I would just get a 2wd Slash. They are easier to work on the 4X4.

I have a Slash that I converted to a buggy with STRC kit. That handles great.

I really like the Ford Raptor Slash. I have the Rock Crawler tires on the Slash truck.

Couple pics of my Losi Street Weapon, Team Associated 18T and R12. R12 is fast. 1/12 scale with brushless are very fast.

Hobby King is the best place to find lipo batteries cheap.

Slash is the best all around basher/racer imo. Team Associated SC10 or Team Losi truck is great for racing.

Slash!

Joe

Attachments

• IMG_0346.jpg
    IMG_0346.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 97
  • IMG_0342.jpg
    IMG_0342.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 67
  • strc_3.jpg
    strc_3.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 68