R / A 's 009 chips

suburban

anybody using Reds chips for 009's ? wondering if they got the handle on the tip in. and generally if your satisfied with chip / inj combo

Yep, I used them and no tipin stumble they worked great! I recommend them.. I stepped up to the MEffort tho..

ks:cool:

I needed to dump mine in exchange for one of Jim Testa's. My blms were 90 with reds.

009's and an RA chip

Good luck.

It will always be pig rich at idle and too lean at the top, unless you like being on the street with 12-13 psi of boost.

Try Jim Testa.

:cool:

thanks for the replys guys. currently using lubrant 110 which for the most part seems to work ok, has a slight tip in stumble. only asked about the R/A chips because I have a couple of stock inj chips lying around which could be updated fairly cheep.

Nice

I've never been able to do better than 2.0 60' myself. I just got a fresh TE44 and I'm having trouble with the wastegate. It will be fixed this weekend.

How much boost were you running to get those times?

launched about 2lbs and 22lbs through the traps. I don't frequent the track that often just two or three times a year, need to work on that launch.

I have tried Reds 93 and 100 chip programs for 009s.

The 93 program was fat at idle. Produced BLM numbers in the high 90's at 44psi of fuel pressure. The O2's at WOT were in the mid-700's at that pressure at 17psi of boost. So I agree with TurboJorge about it being too fat on bottom and too lean on top.

The 100 program is a slightly different animal that I have not ran much yet. The 27° of base timing scares me with this chip!:eek: The little bit I drove around with it gave me these impressions -- the bottom is still rich and the timing makes the car MOVE OUT pretty impressively. I plan to treat it like a race chip next time it goes in the car. Running 110 octane fuel only.

HTH

Originally posted by jsta6
where did you get the 44 jorge???...

...you dog...;)

Got it from Roy and had it rebuilt by MIC (Miami International Components- Mike did a very nice job). Roy originally got it from PTE, used it in "Boost"#1 (grey T-Type) for about 800 miles and then someone took a stop sign and totaled his Car. It needed a new wheel and balancing, and a garrett .63 exhaust housing, which I just finished porting today.

Car is running really stong!

Later Dude.

I ran 11.62@114.0 with reds 100 chip(009). It REALLY liked the alky injection(SMC). Drivability was excellent, except it was sluggish when cold(initial startup) Red said he intenionaly set the fuel map rich to help with engine durability.