questions regarding original floor mats for 87 turbo t

YeahitsaBuick

87 Turbo T
I have an 87 turbo t and i want to find some original floor mats. I'm know when I bought the car back in 95 it had color matched floor mats that had "T-type" printed on them, just like the ones that can be found on g-bodys website. My question is why did the 87 turbo-t have floor mats that had "t-type" printed on them? Does anybody know if they made floor mats for the 87 model that had the "T" emblem printed on them? Thanks,

kirban 2 cents worth

I know the answer to your question:

Buick never produced floor mats embroidered with the T logo or T Type logo on the floor mats for the Regal body. However, for the front wheel drive version T-Type LeSabre which is an entirely different size floor mat they made an embroidered floor mat that had what is best described as a half finished power 6 logo. I am going by memory on the description on the LeSabre floor mats.

Turbo floor mats had a GM logo on the passenger side small block lettering and nothing on the drivers side. Made two versions (formats) they were color coded to match your interior.

Years ago companies liek Bowling Green Customs made logo floor mats and Auto Custom carpets makes embroideed floor mats as we stock the GN and GNX versions and turbo versions but noting with T or T-Type although they may be licensed to do so. Point is GM never did it from the factory.

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

kirban 2 cents worth

I know the answer to your question:

Buick never produced floor mats embroidered with the T logo or T Type logo on the floor mats for the Regal body. However, for the front wheel drive version T-Type LeSabre which is an entirely different size floor mat they made an embroidered floor mat that had what is best described as a half finished power 6 logo. I am going by memory on the description on the LeSabre floor mats.

Turbo floor mats had a GM logo on the passenger side small block lettering and nothing on the drivers side. Made two versions (formats) they were color coded to match your interior.

Years ago companies liek Bowling Green Customs made logo floor mats and Auto Custom carpets makes embroideed floor mats as we stock the GN and GNX versions and turbo versions but noting with T or T-Type although they may be licensed to do so. Point is GM never did it from the factory.

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com
Hello Dennis,
You hit the nail on the head calling the red power six emblem as "half finished". The front floor mats for the 1986 LeSabre Grand National had it and Buick used the same floor mats for the 1987 LeSabre T-Type. The 1988-89 had LeSabre T-Types did not gett hose unique floor mats.

Thanks - Peter