Question on Spool up

six is enough

Tweaked has a new Home
Can a larger intercooler cause a delay in spool up? The reason for this question is that I went from a Pte front mount to a larger intercooler and now I can't get any boost on the line. Sixty foots went from 1.33 to 1.80s and 1.90s. This was the only change made to the car. There are no header leaks on the car. Also checked the new intercooler for leaks and none were found.

If the flow characteristics stay the same then I would say yes. Anytime there is more air to compress (without other factors) it will take longer. I wouldn't think you would lose that much though. I would think it would be hard to tell a difference. ("I think it takes longer...") Do you still have your old one? Maybe the new one is plugged or something. HTH james

Shouldn't make that kind of a difference. Are you using a transbrake?

I do not use a transbrake. I run a footbrake class. Is there a way to test an intercooler to see if there is a restriction in the intercooler?

yeah it shoud take longer to spool, but should still spool to the same amount. there has to be a leak somewhere, its really the only possibility.
Gary