Question on no start after engine swap

Jeff40

Finally have my wifes engine back in. Now I have technical question. When trying to start the car it fights its self like it would be to far advanced or the wires are crossed. Not sure if the cam sensor can cause that kind of starting condition. Any input would be appreciated.
Thanks Jeff

no start

Hi,
It seems pretty certain you have a firing order mixup, in other words crossed wires. If you look close, the wire numbers are on the coil.Cylinder numbers 1, 3and 5 are on the driver's side. 2, 4 and 6 are passenger side. Firing order is 165432. Hope this helps.

Have checked the firing order several times, just was not sure if the cam censor could cause a condition like that. It acts just like a SBC with the distributor to far advanced. Thanks for the response back will check the cam censor.
When I pulled it out had run #1 to TDC and marked the censor body to the front cover and the notch on the rotor under the censor cap to the cap. So I will go back and check it.

Found the problem, wires were crossed. For some reason on my coil pack the way its numbered is not right. Had took a few pic's befor I pulled it and went back for a look had to switch 1&3 and 4&6.