question on how to add some power

"my wife has named it the money pit " :biggrin: and it will be as long as you own it!:biggrin:

i was on it to prime it and was talking to the guy i was going to run and guess held it in too long.

boost is set at 17lbs which is conservative and i didn't want to really mess with it after it was set by my mechanic. i don't want to run it all out 30 lbs until i get alot more familuar with it.

i just wanted to know a few other things i can do to get it going down the road faster. i rarely race it but i also don't want to lose alot either. i know experiance will help .

You didn't say what type of SMC alky kit you have but if you drive the car anywhere close to daily and if you have one of the progressive control kits then you shouldn't need to prime the system each time you run. Just driving around should keep the system primed everytime you hit your turn on boost level. My PAC kit comes on at around 5 lbs so the lines stay full even if I'm taking it pretty easy.

At 17 lbs, you may not really need alcohol injection yet. A lot of people run 17on premium with no issues. That being said, it's still a long way to 30 lbs and alky is not going to magically make it work. To get there you are probably going to have to spend some good change. Depending on your set-up, 30 lbs may be past the point of diminishing returns. Most street setups that I know of run between about 24-27 lbs on alky with out too much trouble.

As far as the rest....Race more...remember practice, practice, practice. :biggrin:

was my daily driver

i finally got my 95 isuzu pickup running again so the TR isn't my DD. I may drive it once a week when i feel like playing around. i don't know the name of the alky kit installed, i know where it is but not what it's set on, still learning and as far as practice i do but rarely. there are times i do decide to see if it'll spin the tires and normally it does. right now i'm just getting the little things outta the way that i know need attention and may turn the turbo up. when i bought the car it was set at 22 and it's currently at 17 and i do know the differance. still just trying to figure out what route to go when adding HP. there was suppose to be a swap meet this weekend but it got rained out so no luck there. was hoping to find a few things to help me keep her going. I know it auto sprays the alky when i start getting on it but was just trying to get an upper hand on this mustang. he's always had his eyes set on my car and yea he got me this time and invited me out last sunday and i'm sure i'll get the same invite this tommorrow but doubt i'll pull it out and go play. i don't think i really needed to prime the intake as it shuttered and stalled when i did. my fault and he knew something was up too. he's going all out though, talked to him the other day and he went to a 78MM throttle body and some other upgrades. this guy just runs around with some local car clubs and other guys with misc stangs, camaro's, lightnings, and a few other sport type cars. still think i'd take him without priming the intake, guess we'll see in a few weeks when i decide to shut him up.

Thanks DD. The early turbo control center is a big version of an ESC so it should work

As far as the shuddering datant. have you figured out what happened?

shuttering

i think the shuttering was when it does that when you prime it before running it. i never really use it alot and i just wanted to try and check it out at a local track that i take it to before long. maybe just that stall when you prime it. i'm not worried too much about it, i got another issue with my intercooler shroud. the one i made cracked so i'm trying to figure out how to make it or do the trashcan mod. i looked for a trashcan but can't find one the same size. i've tried office depot, office max, and walmart. but the measurements aren't the right size so i'm either going to have to modify it or ?

intercooler shroud and thanks charlie

don't know you well other then his board but man you seem like a hellova nice guy. as far as intercooler it's the stock 87 that goes between the radiator and the engine. last time i measured i think it was around 14 inches where it hooks up to the actual shroud and about 18 to the front where the air would come in. let me double check that measurement. i know i went out looking for a trash can to install and went across town to find the office store that the OP said he bought his at. no luck finding it, i may piss the wife off and use the one in the kitchen and replace it with another. then again it's white and i sure don't want to catch the wrath of a scorned woman as far as being called out today i didn't get the call besides i kinda feel outta place as i'm 40 and most of the guys in that group are my son and stepson's age. i'm not worried about being called out too much but still just would like it to be right.

Being in a small town I have some suppliers that you might not. Lots of junk shops around here are going out of business so I may just find what you're looking for by accident. I may not always be able to help but you're a member of the board and a Texan to boot so I figure that if I can I'll help you.

So 14" wide and how deep?

sorry charlie

my back was jacked all day and i'm looking for a scan tool and go from there along with a trach can mod or something that would work well. let me know charlie if you have one and what price. i may take you up on that if it;s available and not real expensive. i had a rough time sleeping last night and didnt get up till 3 today. hope by the weekend we can get together and get this done.