Question: For those that have installed Bilstein Shocks...

dave82

I recently purchased a set of Bilstein Shocks from an online vendor that are a variation of the standard ones. My understanding is the only difference is the color. These are black (I know, I could have also spray painted the yellow/blue ones).
However I noticed the rears are about 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch shorter than the originals. Is this going to matter? Anyone else notice the same difference when replacing yours?
Also, I noticed that the top mounting flange was not slightly angled like the originals. It is horizontal instead. Is this fine to install the way it is? The company assured me they verified the correct part number for my car during a phone call before shipment but I just found a different part number listed with another vendor which I need to call back and talk to someone about. The box label says "Buick Skylark/ GS / Century '65 - '96." I find this extremely strange. How could the same shock fit such a wide period of different body/chassis combinations? Website says it's for a '73 - '87 Regal / Grand National / GNX. That's what I selected. Pretty obvious this company does not have it's information in order. It could be the correct part and just be mis-labeled but how am I supposed to know? Getting ready just to cancel and send it all back.
Thanks in advance for any input.

Attachments

• IMG_2156.JPG
    IMG_2156.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 84
  • IMG_2160.JPG
    IMG_2160.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 72
the upper bar can be rotated in the bushing , length should be fine
, i install a bunch of them and i just tell every to get them from kirbanperformance.com and then they dont have to worry about part #s , the parts that come will fit without any issues or worries

Th
the upper bar can be rotated in the bushing , length should be fine
, i install a bunch of them and i just tell every to get them from kirbanperformance.com and then they dont have to worry about part #s , the parts that come will fit without any issues or worries
Thanks I appreciate it. I tried rotating the upper bar with pliers but couldn't get it to budge so I assumed once it was pressed in a certain position it wasn't going anywhere. Maybe I'll try locking it in a bench vise, but don't have one available at the moment. Just want to make sure it mounts flush and tight. Thanks again