Question for the GN guys

Analog dash has the speedo, odometer, gas guage, and rpm gauge that doesnt work for crap. Digital dashes have the speedo, gas gauge, odometer, and two lights that come on at different boost levels which you can set. Sort of like a ghetto boost guage. And yes, the speedos only goes to 85mph. The digital dash however can be modified to read to 199 mph.

But the car does not top out at 85 mph. You can have your 85-mph speedometer converted with our 145-mph Speedo Face Plate Decal, and have it recalibrated. Kirbans is one place to get it done.

Analog dash has the speedo, odometer, gas guage, and rpm gauge that doesnt work for crap. Digital dashes have the speedo, gas gauge, odometer, and two lights that come on at different boost levels which you can set. Sort of like a ghetto boost guage. And yes, the speedos only goes to 85mph. The digital dash however can be modified to read to 199 mph.

So, there is no stock boost gauge? Also, what gauge came on the hood?

Ya, I didnt mean the car didnt go over 85mph. Tho I am not sure what speed the car is set to stop at in the stock chip. There is no stock boost gauge unless you have a GNX. No gauge came on the hood.

Ya, I didnt mean the car didnt go over 85mph. Tho I am not sure what speed the car is set to stop at in the stock chip. There is no stock boost gauge unless you have a GNX. No gauge came on the hood.

There is a crappy stock LED bargraph boost gauge under the crappy stock LED bargraph tach on the GNs.

I think the stock chip cut off at 128 mph, I raced a Mustang with an aftermarket chip on the highway and he said he was going 135 when he started to catch me, so I am assuming it topped out between 130 and 135, stock trans and rear. Also, all T-Types have same dash options as GN's

I think the stock chip cut off at 128 mph, I raced a Mustang with an aftermarket chip on the highway and he said he was going 135 when he started to catch me, so I am assuming it topped out between 130 and 135, stock trans and rear. Also, all T-Types have same dash options as GN's

Yep, I remember when I hit the 128 mark, about crapped my pants. Thought I broke it. That was back in '88 on the Southfield Fwy (Detroit).

Grand Nationals, T-types, and the T's are basically the same. GN's have different badges, wheels, and interiors are a bit different. Exactly the same power train. (talking LC2 equipped cars) Yes, some have alum. rear drums and bumper mounts and there are some with a peg leg vs. a posi......

Either stock instrument cluster (analog and digital) is pretty useless in my opinion.

Top speed is 142mph's (with TT chip and I think he deletes the speed limiters on em). At least thats what my scan master told me. I might have had a couple of mph's left but I doubt it. I was WOT for a mile on the highway.

The LED gauges usually suck but I think someone makes calibrators for them so they will read correct.

Top speed is 142mph's (with TT chip and I think he deletes the speed limiters on em). At least thats what my scan master told me. I might have had a couple of mph's left but I doubt it. I was WOT for a mile on the highway.

The LED gauges usually suck but I think someone makes calibrators for them so they will read correct.

If you remember who, let me know. I would like to get my tach calibrated.