Question for Razor

Double-L

I have a question the alky seems to be working on my Grand National, Set on 2-3 and on pump gas it run a best of 11.18 in 90+ heat with no knock with a Eric 104 chip but feels slow on the big end, Run 7.00 1/8 at 98 mph and 11.18 at 119 in the 1/4, Stock block 66 bb turbo 60 lb. injectors and so on, The question is when you hit or I should say hold the test button down the light comes on but the car just sets there and idles the same and the fuel air stays the same as long as you want to hold it, On my SSR if you just hit the test button it will kill the engine

I have a question the alky seems to be working on my Grand National, Set on 2-3 and on pump gas it run a best of 11.18 in 90+ heat with no knock with a Eric 104 chip but feels slow on the big end, Run 7.00 1/8 at 98 mph and 11.18 at 119 in the 1/4, Stock block 66 bb turbo 60 lb. injectors and so on, The question is when you hit or I should say hold the test button down the light comes on but the car just sets there and idles the same and the fuel air stays the same as long as you want to hold it, On my SSR if you just hit the test button it will kill the engine

your right your mph is way down for that turbo as for the alky not staling your motor at that setting i dont think that it would have any effect on your motor now if it was set on 6 or max then it would. this is a question for julio which i am sure he will chime in what boost are you running i guess it would have to be low if you were running on 2-3

Well I run 22-23 lbs. of boost, I didn't think it mattered what setting you had it on when you hit the test button, It should change the air fuel any way even if it didn't kill the engine shouldn't it

Double L I think I might have asked you already but are you running your stock cam?

Well I run 22-23 lbs. of boost, I didn't think it mattered what setting you had it on when you hit the test button, It should change the air fuel any way even if it didn't kill the engine shouldn't it

You should run a lot higher gain number. Like 5-6. When you turn the gain down, it makes the pump lazy as the voltage applied is less. There are applications whereby low gain settings are needed. Not on a Buick.

If you want to run less alcohol, put a smaller nozzle in the pipe and turn the controls up. Typically on stock turbo cars wanting to run low boost, this is how they are set up.

The "Test" button simulates the system activating at (turnon)5 PSI. Its a progressive kit, as the boost rises so does voltage drive to the pump. If you turn the knob to "1" it will not have enough drive to run the pump when you hit "Test"... unless you crank up the "Initial" control.

So as the kit is delivered, typically the Gain should be at least position 4 for repeatability.

In laymans terms.. its like trying to start an engine when the battery is down to 10 volts.. it spins very slow.. same as trying to spin an Alky pump when it only gets 1 volt. If you bring the voltage up.. things become more predicatble.

So what I would do is turn the alky gain up to 6.. and start working on dialing in the airfuel on the chip.. you'll see things pickup.

Julio

You should run a lot higher gain number. Like 5-6. When you turn the gain down, it makes the pump lazy as the voltage applied is less. There are applications whereby low gain settings are needed. Not on a Buick.

If you want to run less alcohol, put a smaller nozzle in the pipe and turn the controls up. Typically on stock turbo cars wanting to run low boost, this is how they are set up.

The "Test" button simulates the system activating at (turnon)5 PSI. Its a progressive kit, as the boost rises so does voltage drive to the pump. If you turn the knob to "1" it will not have enough drive to run the pump when you hit "Test"... unless you crank up the "Initial" control.

So as the kit is delivered, typically the Gain should be at least position 4 for repeatability.

In laymans terms.. its like trying to start an engine when the battery is down to 10 volts.. it spins very slow.. same as trying to spin an Alky pump when it only gets 1 volt. If you bring the voltage up.. things become more predicatble.

So what I would do is turn the alky gain up to 6.. and start working on dialing in the airfuel on the chip.. you'll see things pickup.

Julio

No not running the stock cam but running a mild cam that was the hot setup years ago, Thanks I knew it had to be working cause if it wasn't I wouldn't be running 11.18's and the alky is going some place but I can run forever on a gallon with it set at 2, It just seems no matter what I tried it run worse when it was turned up to even 3, I am talking with Eric and we are going over everything on the car so I hope we can come u with something, But a .018 light and a 7 flat 1/8 mile at 98 it is hard to bitch on pump gas and alky on 2