Question About Rare RPO Codes??

saleen90181

Hello all - I was just reviewing my RPO codes and looking up the descriptions

I ran into a few ones that where not listed over at http://www.gnttype.org/numbers/rpo.html

and a few that dont seem to fit correctly with a 86GN

Ok so here we go

1- I have RPO ZR6 - from what I could find this is GM's Code for Special Show Vehicle - so do I have something special here??

2- RPO T1H- again had to really search around - found it listed on a non GN board - T1 SPEC TRANSMISSION COOLER

3- It has RPO TL6 - GRILLE BLACK (the grill on the car was replaced with a typical 86 Grille some years ago - so I cant confirm the car came with a black grille)

4- It came with the RPO - QYH TIRE -- WHITE LETTER P215/65R15 - I didnt I have ever seem a GN with factory white raised letter tires

Now the car does have the RPO's - WE2 and W11 so its a real GN

But I have read the 86GN package RPO codes - and I dont have 2 of them on the RPO sticker - is this common?

60H LEAR SIEGLER FRT SEAT W/MATCHING REAR SEAT
EMBROIDERED "6" ON FRT SEAT BACK COLOR: LT. SAND GREY
GM19 BLACK EXTERIOR COLOR

So I am alittle confused - the RPO ZR6 has really gotten me turned around

Any help please?

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/showthread.php?t=194547

http://www.turbobuicks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54697

Nobody has come up with an explanation for ZR6 yet.

And the T1H could be part of the ZR6 as I have a few labels on file that have both of them. T1H is most likely an option package as the the code T1Y is a code used to order all of the power options like windows,locks and cruise control.

All 86 GN's have the TL6 grille.

QYH was an option. It was an option on all 84-87 TR's. Most GN's have the QYH OWL tires as compared to the QYZ black walls.

60H is an interior trim code. You could not get the L-S seat option in the 86 GN, only in the T-Type.60H is the correct interior trim code for an 84 GN. The interior code for the 86 is 82C. GM19 is not a legit RPO code or paint code. The number 19 is the short number for black paint. You should have code 19U which is the correct paint code.

turbofish38 said:
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/showthread.php?t=194547

http://www.turbobuicks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54697

Nobody has come up with an explanation for ZR6 yet.

And the T1H could be part of the ZR6 as I have a few labels on file that have both of them. T1H is most likely an option package as the the code T1Y is a code used to order all of the power options like windows,locks and cruise control.

All 86 GN's have the TL6 grille.

QYH was an option. It was an option on all 84-87 TR's. Most GN's have the QYH OWL tires as compared to the QYZ black walls.

60H is an interior trim code. You could not get the L-S seat option in the 86 GN, only in the T-Type.60H is the correct interior trim code for an 84 GN. The interior code for the 86 is 82C. GM19 is not a legit RPO code or paint code. The number 19 is the short number for black paint. You should have code 19U which is the correct paint code.

Wow thanks alot !!!!!!!- I did a search on the ZR6 - wonder how I missed the posts you referenced

TL6 Grille then is the Normal 86 GN/TTYPE Crome grille? - just got confused since the code says black

Yes I have the 19U code :)

Any how thanks alot

Was posi rear offered in 86? Mine doesnt have one - but I didnt see it as an option

Posi is RPO G80. An extra cost option. I'll have to check again but IIRC there is something like 33 extra cost options in 86. The Buick Regal had the most options out of any of the G-bodies.

zr
I also have this ZR6 code in a 86gn does anyone know what it means for our cars?

ZR6 is factory show car meaning it could have been used in an auto show/publications/magazine/commercial or other various things..

zr

ZR6 is factory show car meaning it could have been used in an auto show/publications/magazine/commercial or other various things..
does that make any more or less valuable? because im about to invest thousands into this car over the next year. I dont intend to sell it or anything I was just wondering.

i wouldn't know to be honest i would assume its pretty cool to have that code..My 86 T-type also has the ZR6 on gm rpo codeslist it shows as either special unit show car or zone show car - so if you ever put it for sale make a big deal about it i have a show car and you dont..bump the price up a few thousand lol..dont forget to mention the FBI used it as an undercover car. lol j.k thats just a funny thing this board has always talked about an FBI undercover car :rolleyes: and the bunch of GNX prototypes before the GNX's came out..ppl are funny. But definitely a cool code!! mine also has the code 55a which is a gold pinstripe, not very common from what i have researched.

i wouldn't know to be honest i would assume its pretty cool to have that code..My 86 T-type also has the ZR6 on gm rpo codeslist it shows as either special unit show car or zone show car - so if you ever put it for sale make a big deal about it i have a show car and you dont..bump the price up a few thousand lol..dont forget to mention the FBI used it as an undercover car. lol j.k thats just a funny thing this board has always talked about an FBI undercover car :rolleyes: and the bunch of GNX prototypes before the GNX's came out..ppl are funny. But definitely a cool code!! mine also has the code 55a which is a gold pinstripe, not very common from what i have researched.
cool, thanks for the input. and I keep a lookout for them fbi guys. lol
bill