Question about nitto DR's

onefastjackass

I here alot of people like there nitto's on the street.So now the question is what do they do at the track.
How about some 60 foot times from the people that are running them and have tried them on the track.

OK now next question what is the maximum size tire I can fit under my GN. Without airbags or frame notching. Can I fit a 28 inch tire if so what wouild be the designation.

1.8 here but only raced 3 times so far.

I can do better.... I think.... ;)

Footbrake.

About max tire size

I know that 275/50/15s rub on some peoples cars. This is with stock wheels no notching ect. I have read on this board of some peoples problems getting the 275/60/15s to fit without rubbing even with air bags. Your car may be an exception,but the problems with GM's quality control are well documented, you can have the body offset one way or the other which will cause all sorts of problems with wheel fitment. Just adding my two cents.

Black Sabbath

IMO, the drag radials are a better straightline/track tire than a nitto will ever be, BFG's dominate the drag radial classes hands down and get short times of 1.5 in BBC nitrous G-bodies. The nittos may be better in the rain but honestly, who drives a sub 11 second car in the rain?

Last I checked BFG pays contingency money. That's why you see BFG's on the fast cars....

I just bought some 275/50 BFG DRs. I needed a small 7/32 spacer for them to clear and this was on stock rims. the 275/60s would be better for the track because of decreased RPM through the traps. The 50s are a tad wider than the 60s. The 60s are taller "28" so your speedo will read a bit slow, but not much.

I have no experience with the Nittos, but let me talk about the BFGs for a moment. They HOOK!!!! I could build 7lbs of boost on the street in front of my house and when I release the brake they snapped my head back and took off with little wheelspin. Of course amount of wheelspin will differ with the amount of torque, and traction. :) I also took a 5 hour trip in the rain with them recently, (I'm crazy I know) and I had no problems. You just have to drive a lot slower in the rain even with normal tires in these cars.

Good Luck,

James