question about new motor

Vandal1987

Hey guys, I just picked up new motor and I am in the process of getting a FAST XFI system from hartline performance. They have requested that I supply them with the Cubic Inch size of my motor, The motor in question is a 109 stock block with 40 over diamond pistons and a stock crank.

Would this make the motor 236ci???? IDK, I could be all fugged up here: (wouldnt be the first time :rolleyes:)
I am not by any means a savant when it comes to motor building or any type of machining for that matter if more information is req'd I will do my best to supply u guys with it....

Also on a side note Does anybody know if the Bob Bailey TR6 module has a different firing order than the stock unit Cal will also need that information.

A .040" over stock stroke is 236.2558100271456 cubic inches or 3.871538704637876 liters.

The firing order will be the same with Bobs ignition as it's set by the camshaft.

I was also curious I have a 215/220 Roller cam set up on my old motor which I suspect the bearings are toast (the old motor had about 6000 miles @ the very most), If the Lifters, Roller Chain, and Cam, are in good shape is there any reason why I could not put into my new motor instead of running the 212/212 tappet cam.

I would also consider running the 218/218 roller setup from Weber or DLS but would really rather spend the money elsewhere if the 212/212 tappet would suffice or even my old roller cam
is up for the job.

My ultimate Goal is to be in the High 9s :rolleyes:

Build is as Follows as of now : -PT7068 turbo with Precision Front Mount Intercooler
-Iron GN1 Heads
-212/212 tappet comp cam <=====(possibly switch over to roller setup)
-FAST XFI from Hartline performance<=======(standing by to order as soon as motor is 100% ready for the abuse)
-84 Lbs Injector
-40 over Diamond Pistons
-3500 9" art carr non Lock
-70mm TB with Precision Plenum & powerplate from RJC<=====(Just about to Order)
-TR6 Igntion Module
-Engine Girdle
-Scat Rods stock Length and (Stock Crank)<====(going to Eagle after this season possibly)
-Main Caps (billet)

I am fully aware that this setup is far from perfect but its what I have been able to collect over time and have got some pretty good deals from some folks in my area. I am really just trying to get the best results from what I have at this time I dont mind spending the money on new parts as long as they are considerably more reliable and perform significantly better.

I do not have the Money to start fresh break away from the foundation I have already setup, I am kinda limited into how much I can spend in regards to starting from the ground up again.

Last edited:
109 is a block casting not a crank casting. Don't even think about shooting for high 9s with an OEM crank.