Question about converting 2004r to 4l80e

BLACKRONIN22

I was wondering if the cooler lines on the 2004r are the same as the 4l80e as far as fitting size. I am trying to figure out which fittings I will need to do the conversion. I know there are others threads that go over this topic but I could not find any that covered this.Thanks.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Nobody else replied so I am going to. If I remember correctly the 4L80 has push in / snap in connectors for the tranny cooler lines. Again going from memory.

Nobody else replied so I am going to. If I remember correctly the 4L80 has push in / snap in connectors for the tranny cooler lines. Again going from memory.
I actually have the trans now and the guy that rebuilt it for me knew what I was doing with it so I believe that he put in the fittings out of a 2004r. The fittings that are in the trans now are what looks like 1/2" pipe thread. Anyway I think that I figured it out, thanks for the help.

There are different con figs for the 80e, a newer than 1996 trans will have the cooler return towards the middle of the trans to lube the center support. The stock lines on the 80e are 3/8" pipe I thought. Either way, no way to directly use the stock lines.

Thanks for the help. Now that I am looking at it closer it looks like the guy put in the same fittings that are in my 2004r. I explained what I Was doing and he must have put the 2004r fittings in it.

The rear fitting in the 4l80e is a special fitting that has a little tube extension on it to properly lubricate it. You can't just use any regular fitting or you'll run into problems. The pictures below show what I'm talking about.
image.jpg
image.jpg