quad air - volt booster

mikes gn

long shot any one have directions for one of these ? i have one on the car and it looks like some wires are off

Found this on
www.google.com

qavb.jpg

Reds is old school and it works.Look at alot of cars today and they run fuel pump and ignition boosters and this unit does both for less than $80 new.I have them on both my cars.

Kevin

I have both a hot wire kit AND Red's volt booster.

Works just fine for me.

What is the difference in between Red's and Casper's? I know Red's runs off boost and Casper's off of TPS, but is one better than the other? Are either worth having?

i went with Reds only because at part throttle i get above 10 psi boost, and i WANTED the extra voltage while under/ into boost.

I like Caspers for a race application as it will bump up the voltage as soon as you hit 70% throttle.

Thank you.

When would someone need to run either type of volt booster?

The Buick gods are somewhat divided on this topic.
Some say never and that its impossible to tune and IF everything was working right you don't need it.
The others say the opposite and that it only helps make everything thing else better.
Good luck anyway you go.
David

What most people don't understand is that the volt boosters are there to improve the IGNITION SYSTEM, more than the fuel system. If you choose the right fuel pump, feeds and injectors, you will be OK with 12 volts even. But, the ignition system benefits most of all with higher system voltage. There is a HUGE difference running the CCCI at 6000 RPM, between 11 volts and 15 volts. Huge. The typical GN engine will log a decrease in available voltage at high RPM's as compared to low RPM's. The ignition system needs all the voltage it can get.

Would a car like mine that has mods listed in the signature, running 16-17 psi and shifting at ~5000 rpm benefit from a voltage booster?

Would a car like mine that has mods listed in the signature, running 16-17 psi and shifting at ~5000 rpm benefit from a voltage booster?

Well the way I looked at it is, It can't hurt:DI posted a while back and recieved some good info from some older more experienced members .Both Reds or Caspers get the job done,look at the new mustangs etc,they pay large for such units

Kevin