Pypes Exhaust System

sy605

I'm putting a dual stainless Pypes x-pipe crossmember back system on my 87 GN (2.5 inch). I got the side exit version and I'm running into a problem where the tailpipes mount on the frame. Looks like I'll have to beat or cut-n-weld the fuel tank to clear the driver's side pipe. The frame looks to have a couple reference points where maybe the factory exhaust hangers mounted on the V8 cars. Anyone have a pic of the factory hangers on a stock GN? I'll try to post up a pic of the problem. I have a spare tank and beat the crap out of it and looks like it will fit....I know I should stuff some air down its throat and just run single exhaust, but N/A will have to work at the moment.

Thanks in advance

Eric

Put the pypes system on my 87 gn I had. I believe it was sgg50s kit. Ihad to cut about an inch off tailpipe by the muffler, then mounted in the car to clear everything and stuck a 2 inch pipe inside the tailpipe and bent it around so both the left and right exit locations were close. Fit okay but not as nice as one would expect. I just put Richard Clarks system on my GNX and it fit like a glove, very happy. Good luck with the pypes, it just takes a little patience.