Put your money where your DP is

3" dp

i called john, & he has none in stock. nice guy, we talked about 20 min. he said when he had them only sold a few/ year
same deal for him..he would be willing to manuf. more( has templates) if he could get a cash commitment for 12 minimum. seems like a good way to do this deal
anyone???
NO "tire kickers" please

esp

I talked to john also and he said hey could make one in aluminized steel for around the 300-350.00, range that sounds much better than 450.00. So those of you screaming about the price this is a good deal put up or shut up. Or you can just continue to be without a downpipe manufacturer.

I'm in. I just tried to call, (its sat.) they are closed, I'll call them back monday.

tenright? padgett? is this the route to go? is this manufacturer someone you would recomend? any comments?

well, im glad i was able to help. Id love to get an aluminized one for 350. I'm so in. :biggrin:

We should create a list of at least 12 people who are for sure going to want one of these, and send it to John. I'd be willing to put a 50 dollar deposit on one myself to seal the deal. We could all pay via paypal or whatever.

Anyone else like the way this sounds?

ok first things first, does it have an integrated wastegate??? Putting a 3" pipe on the stock elbow is as useless as running shoes for paraplegic. As I have stated many times it is the elbow that restricts our setup.

If this is a pipe that will eliminate the 90 degree bend at the wastegate elbow I am definately in. I would rather it be stainless steel, but beggers can't be choosy.....

T

tenright said:
ok first things first, does it have an integrated wastegate??? Putting a 3" pipe on the stock elbow is as useless as running shoes for paraplegic. As I have stated many times it is the elbow that restricts our setup.
T

A 3 inch will flow MUCH better regardless of the elbow. Yes, the elbow is restrictive, and i agree that eliminating this elbow would be the best way to design a 3 inch dp, BUT... like you said beggars cant be choosers. I'll take any 3 inch pipe i can get. Still better than my ATR 2.5".

Just my $0.02

boostmaster said:
I talked to john also and he said hey could make one in aluminized steel for around the 300-350.00, range that sounds much better than 450.00. So those of you screaming about the price this is a good deal put up or shut up. Or you can just continue to be without a downpipe manufacturer.

In my conversation with him he actually said that the biggest expense for building these pipes was the intergrated elbow. And that he had the contacts some time ago to get theses built, but as always all the hot air guys are screaming for a product and once it gets built we leave him stuck with tons of inventory that takes him forever to sell. He told me he would be willing to built at least 25 units if he could get 12 solid commitments to buy. Now I would assume that would mean a deposit or whatever. But I would suggest everyone that wants in to email John @ ESP for more info.

If you want, PM me and I'll keep a log. Once we see adequate interest, we'll contact those people, or post here, and move forward from there.

Hope this helps you.

Is there more interest in the 2.5" OR 3"? For obvious reasons the 2.5 is less expensive. We are starting to get PMs and you are starting to split between the two sizes.

Hope this helps you.

3 inch.
2.5 inch is still available, a lot more of these were made, people sell them all the time from what ive seen. please make the 3 inch :D
(with an internal wastegate/integrated elbow if possible)

i was thinking more of the 5inch approch. i want to get someone to make me a 5 inch dp that is desined with a car with no a/c. it would be a perfect bend coming of the turn no special bending and straight down. now if someone made one that would be sick and i would be the first to buy it. this is what im talking about but for a hotair car with no a/c

Attachments

• a_DPcomparo4-2.jpg
    a_DPcomparo4-2.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 115
3 inch !!! Boost231 that is overkill and you will never make enough power for that size downpipe to do any good on a hot air anyway. 3 Inch aluminized steel with stock style waste gate.

well

well my future build up is going to be a TA Alum. Block Heads and all the works with a 80 series or 90 series turbo. then i would need a 5 inch. yes i have lost my mind hot air with just alky and lots of it.

Downpipe!!!

If it turns out to be a 3 inch pipe I would highly recommend a 2 or 3 piece unit that bolts together of has a better source of clamping together. The old band clamp slip joint connections just don't cut it.