Put your money where your DP is

tenright

Ok guys just got off the phone with BWeavey at gbody, he said he is willing to do a 3" pipe for us but he needs a MEESE or Terry Houston to fabricate from. I am looking for a donor, the donor will be compensated with a brand new pipe for nothing. They just need it as a guidline....also we need about 35 to 40 willing to commit to this project. Guys we need this, that GD elbow is our biggest flow problem..........If it's the donation of the pipe that holds this up I will buy it from whoever has one, and donate it myself.....so if someone has a Meese 3"pipe, and is willing to sell it to me so I can donate it or donate it themselves PM me or contact BWeavey directly.

T

Tom-Cool84 has one. Lets see his response. Based on my experince the 2 1/2 inch downpipe needed a slight dent in order to get by the Poston passenger side header flange for the uppipe. If B-weavy builds one-I will buy one. Let me know if I can be any help. Brad

Stupid me! The upgrade from the stock to the 2 1/2 downpipe was a big improvement. I would love a 3 inch going into the testpipe. Brad

BRAD_PADGETT said:
Tom-Cool84 has one. Lets see his response. Based on my experince the 2 1/2 inch downpipe needed a slight dent in order to get by the Poston passenger side header flange for the uppipe. If B-weavy builds one-I will buy one. Let me know if I can be any help. Brad

I would love to do it and my car will be down until next winter. Only problem is I have a Lee Thompson pipe which isn't bad in itself. In order to clear the Kenne-Bell dual stage headers I had to cut it and weld in an extra 4" section. If anyone wants a 3" downpipe that clears the KBs, I would have no problem.

Would be nice but i dont see 35-40 people that could afford one. What is the material, cost, and time expected. I have a 3inch 2 piece replacement i would donate if he can figure out the elbow part.

Actually Cool thats exactely what we are looking for. A pipe that clears everything is 3" and has the internal waste gate.....the reason we were looking for the Meese pipe is because Brian said it did all these things...can you post a pic???? Dude this would be perfect, he said it would take about 90 days and if your out of commision till winter it would be perfect....

Also yes it would be pricey the one he has for the 86/87's is 425.00 and I would imagine ours would be the same. But it would be stainless and the benefits of a 3" DP without the elbow would be enormous. I guess it's just a matter of how bad we all want this.

T

tenright said:
Actually Cool thats exactely what we are looking for. A pipe that clears everything is 3" and has the internal waste gate.....the reason we were looking for the Meese pipe is because Brian said it did all these things...can you post a pic???? Dude this would be perfect, he said it would take about 90 days and if your out of commision till winter it would be perfect....

T

It requires an external gate. The flange blocks off the stock wastegate hole. With my mod to it, it comes a little closer to the AC lines but other than that it has a ton of clearance between the body and frame. I forgot, one other mod I did was cut the convertor flange off so I could use the 87 test pipes since I lost the test pipe that came with the DP.

If there's still interest, let me know. The bends are there, just have to use one of the 87 TH flanges for the turbo. Probably wouldn't be a bad idea to run this by Lee before we copy it.

Well since Lee isn't doing jack for us anymore I really don't care what he has to say about us using one of his old pipes as a guide, Not to mention as you put it the thing didn't fit right till you modified it anyway.....

Cool- can you post a pic?? might still be fine as a guide, I don't really care about the test pipe connection, it's the turbo end I am interested in and the bends....

T

Damn, be careful who you flame. Without Lee's contributions you would not have a possible donor pipe.

tenright said:
Well since Lee isn't doing jack for us anymore I really don't care what he has to say about us using one of his old pipes as a guide, Not to mention as you put it the thing didn't fit right till you modified it ........
WOW> WOW> WOW!! Settle down Cowboy!

You may want to take a chill pill and some time to read ALL you can about the history regarding Lee's contributions. (I actually did early on).
When you do, the knowledge gained may protect you from similar adventures. Not trying to discourage you and I am ALL for more parts, but, read, listen and learn.

You are pretty good, but, Lee has EARNED the respect in this community.
This is the true measure of success, and more most of us will ever achieve in this community. Not talking about Lee building one of fastest Hot Air cars in the history, proving, it can be done!

Edit,
I think you at the VERY least owe him a courtesy request for permission. Note that the "DP's lack of fit" was related to the Kenne Bell Headers.

tenright said:
Well since Lee isn't doing jack for us anymore I really don't care what he has to say about us using one of his old pipes as a guide, Not to mention as you put it the thing didn't fit right till you modified it anyway.....

Cool- can you post a pic?? might still be fine as a guide, I don't really care about the test pipe connection, it's the turbo end I am interested in and the bends....

T

Sorry, I wasn't clear. Lee stated up front his pipe wouldn't clear the dual stage headers. All it took is a little mod and it worked fine. If I can get my friend over here, I'll scan a few pictures. I'm computer illiterate.

As I remember more details, after modding it, it rubbed slightly on the inner fender but the fender sort of molded around it from the heat. I'll be happy to ship it off but I just want you guys to realize it will take a little work. One nice thing is without the internal wastegate it's ~$100 cheaper than a comprable one with wastegate. It helps with the hit of having to buy an external gate a little.

I have a friend that is 100% committed to buying one of these pipes if they're made.

Jerryl- I'm not trying to flame anyone, I am tired of being the bastard child of the buick community because I don't want an intercooled car. I'm tired of trying to buy parts and not being able to find any because only 86/87 parts are available. It's all very frustrating, my point about Lee is since he is not making them for us anymore I don't see any reason why he would object to us using his basic design as a guide. So if I was being offensive I appologise, we need this........

Cool- much appreciated....we might have to go with yours if we just can't find a Meese pipe.....I just wish it had the wastegate that would have been ideal...

3" DP New Mease Pipe

I'll take one with a waste gate already made on it. But not at the expense of Lee Thompson, he is a friend enough said.

Look guys no one is trying to do anything at the expense of anyone, BWeavey from G-body just needs something to use as a guide for bends and such. If it's a Lee Thompson pipe that gets used as an example and it makes everyone feel better I will personally shoot off an email asking permission.

JOELO- what I am looking for as a donor pipe is a 3" DP with the integrated wastegate. Not sure if ATR was 3"..I thought those were 2 1/2. If it is a 3" pipe it may be just the ticket....The reason it must be a 3" pipe is because the bends have to be right. There is precious little room for mistakes on this.

thats 6 so far including me, promising to say the least since this post is only up for a couple of hours.....

ok ok my bad, I understood that you just needed an aftermarket DP to do it, I wish my DP was 3", well count me in if the 3" DP ever get made, I guess we'll get our "forum discount" right :)

Im just playing, count me in.

Mease

I Got A 3 Inch Mease Dp You Can Use For A Mock Up Pipe If U Need It. Let Me Know How Long U Need It And Where To Send It. Its Only Been On My Car For About 50 Miles If That. Its Got The Internal Gate On It Bla Bla Bla.