Pump not turning on...?

KEVINS

My pump is not turning on, what I am I missing?

Pump and controller is grounded directly to the battery ground terminal right now.
The spade connectors that had to be installed on the pump wire are crimped, not soldered and crimps are real good.

Car idling with half tank of water: I push test button and red light comes on. Pump makes a very faint humming noise when I push the test button but motor is not turning; the noise is coming from the electrical cap on the end of the motor. I hold the button down for 1 minute and pump never runs.

Notes:
1. Green LED is NOT on at any time but does turn Red when I hit the test Button. From what I understand it should not turn green b/c the pump hasn't sensed any line pressure and I do not have the line going from the pump to the nozzle yet. The outlet of the pump is still wide open at the pump.

2. Red LED on controller is On.

From a previous post:

If the power injection bulb lights up when you press TEST.. then there is power being sent to the pump.

If power is sent to pump it should move liquid if it is spinning.

When you unplug the pump and hit test.. getting a green LED.. then your wiring is correct.

So it sounds like one of two things is happening. Pump has an issue, or it doesnt have enough juice to move. If you measure across pump wires with a voltmeter and get at least 3.5 volts.. then your pump has a problem.

Water got into the motor, trash inside the head, etc

I unplugged the pump and pressed the Test button and the Green light DID come on.

ks

Last edited: