Pulling tranny question

First Hi Rob,

I have owned a few GNs in the past, had one on and off again since 1987. I see your buying adjustable contol arms, are you setting yours up for roadracing? Have you consider Global West arms and bushings. They have a very good reputation. Baer brakes should look nice on a Gn and I am sure it will stop a little better too. Do you Baer brakes for all 4 corners or just up front?
Next time you guys get together I'll have to come down and meet all the new guys (not sure how many new guys there are). Then again maybe I meet you and just don't remember, I am getting older. LOL I do remember meeting someone at the track last year with a silver T, if I remember right it was a father and son that knew johnny. If it's you sorry I don't remember for sure.

Chuck

Chuck,

It wasn't me at the track. I just moved into town last fall courtesy of the Air Force. I've done a lot of research on front suspension (including Global West), but decided to go with the setup SC&C sells, as it appears to revise the geometry in a very favorable manner. I'm not setting up the car for anything other than cruising, but I just want to update to a bit more modern technology. I will more than likely use the Global West Delalum bushings for my lower control arms though.

I only have Baer brakes for the front. They are actually from another T I had owned in the past.

We'll all have to get together soon (well as soon as I get my front end together - I just ordered the parts and SC&C said it will take two or three weeks to arrive - and then I need to find a Friday I can take off of work to tear into the car.)

Rob

Rob, I'd like to check out that front end, either while you're doing it or once it's assembled. I was hoping to go to the track Sunday as it's the opening day, but would have to borrow slicks from Josh (Who owns Chucks last GN) he just bought them from Johnny. Spent 2 hours underneath the GN today doing a tranny service, looking for leaks in other places besides the pan gasket, think (AND HOPE) that was it. Even with a drain plug, what a huge mess:mad:

Chuck, I also need to check out the impala! Where did you have the frame done? Just media blasted or powder coated also? Is it up at your place?

Rob, I'd like to check out that front end, either while you're doing it or once it's assembled. I was hoping to go to the track Sunday as it's the opening day, but would have to borrow slicks from Josh (Who owns Chucks last GN) he just bought them from Johnny. Spent 2 hours underneath the GN today doing a tranny service, looking for leaks in other places besides the pan gasket, think (AND HOPE) that was it. Even with a drain plug, what a huge mess:mad:

Chuck, I also need to check out the impala! Where did you have the frame done? Just media blasted or powder coated also? Is it up at your place?

Eric,

I'll be putting the front end on at the base, but I'll be able to get you on the base if you want to check out the install. As mentioned above, SC&C said it should be here in two to three weeks, but it will probably be the 6th or 7th of April before I can even get to it, as work has me out of town (Pittsburgh, San Antonio and Honolulu) for all but a few days. I'll let you know when I can get to it.

For you Albuquerque locals, I understand there is a cruise in Los Lunas the 2nd Saturday of each month (http://www.loslunasnm.gov/chamber/pdfs/newsletters/cruzin/March2007CruzinNewsletter.pdf). Is it something worth checking out?

Yeah, let me know. I wasn't able to open that link, but the only cruise I know of in Los Lunas is or was put on by the owner of the Color Works paint&body shop, I believe it was called something like the "old geezers"??

Eric,

Had it done by Southwest Coatings, they did an excellent job. Same ones who did the vette. Sandblasted frame, and 26 pieces (bumper bracket, accessory brackets, tranny crossmember, motor mounts, and other odds & ends) then powder coated all including 9" housing for $974. Dropped them off last Wednesday and was done yesterday (Thursday).
Everything is at my house, I'll be at the gym in the morning but should be home by 10 and will be working on things most of the weekend so chance are I will be home but if you call to make sure will be the best. O'yea I will be looking for an enclosed trailer this weekend also so it would be best to call.

Here's a link to work up to about a week and a half ago:

65cpe's photos and albums on webshots

Mike from Ta call this afternoon, guess Mark did spin a rod bearing. He said that it was so bad the the bearing was welded to the crank. Crank and rod are paper wieghts and useless now. Good thing we are going with the stroker kit.

Chuck

Chuck