Pulling the Engine

Its not to much weight on that rear header stud?

its a 5/16 stud at least grade 5------good in shear for well over 3000 lbs-------two of them should be good for 6000 lbs--------don't tighten the nut on the chain more than finger tight and you should be good to go-------just dont forget to remove the engine mount bolts or you will pick up the entire car!!!!!............RC

Iam up to two weeks and counting.. still got a long way to go. i took the entire nose off since its all coming off anyway. anyone local want to lend a hand lol:)

I thought these pics might help someone with their engine pull.

enginepull1.jpg

enginepull2.jpg

enginepull3.jpg

enginepull4.jpg

enginepull5.jpg

enginepull7.jpg

Someone in another post suggested modifying the boom on the crane for extended reach. You can see where I added a 3/4" hole in the boom and ran the chain out the end of the tube. Do this mod at your own risk!

The crane I used is a Harbor Freight 1-ton folding unit. I debated getting the folding crane, but am glad I did. A non-folding would be a mess!

enginepull8.jpg

enginepull9.jpg

enginepull10.jpg

I also added another hole but only about 1" longer & its just perfect now from front of car.
Putting my engine & tranny back in very soon now.
With braided tranny lines the crossover stays on a well so its even easier.

My normal time working alone to pull it without the trans...1hr 30 minutes. That includes clean up.:cool: It's my trade so that helps, and I have done it too many times. Hood shocks removed, power steering pump,stays in the car, Modded engine hoist, good lighting, proper tools (no air) are key to my quick time.