PTE51 failures....Pictures of Red's units

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by REDS HOT AIR

you must be the one vote by itself in this thread
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=232890#post232890

Actually that was me! Many times and even in this case the vendor we buy from is the middle man like PTE is with these wheels. I had something similar happen with an Art Carr trans pan and handled it with JC because he doesn't make them, he just sells them. I am always the odd-ball in polls!:D

Reggie> Not wanting to flame on ya...but..have you ever tried to talk to Harry at PTE ? Not an easy man to talk to..I gave up on him myself,now Joe Lubrant,he was the man..he might not replace your turbo but he at least told ya nicely.
Brian

No I have not.

I am interested in hearing the other side of the story.

Fair is fair.

Cool, I just found the old pics of my motor on your site. I thought they were lost forever. Ok back on topic.

Why not send them out to John Craig and get an unbiased opinion? I believe John worked for Garrett for many years. Just a thought.

Ok Ok ok

Ok this is locked until I can get Harry to post his side of this. I definitly think it is warranted at this time. Until this happens and everyone will get a say I am locking. I also Know for a fact that a third party to diagnois was refused by Red. However, at this time:

1) I will pay for freight to have them analyzed by a third and independent party.

2) I will talk to Harry to try to get him to respond professionally to the professionally way this was asked. More than one member has brought up this point and I feel it is a good one.

3) This is all contingent on the fact this remains a professional thread, aiming at nothing else than to find out what took place, where the problem lies and get resolved so Red doesnt spend any more money and/or ruin any more turbos, in the future. After I get a reply you all will know. I do think this is owed some kind of explaination and I think the most important thing here is to Find out what exactly is eating Reds turbos and solve it so Red can be back out there kicking ass and spooling again. :D

( and Red you know me... I will do as I say to help you solve this.)

Explanation

I locked (Steve Woods post) because I liked the method and direction of the way that thread was going and didnt want some hot head to ruin before I could get some info for you all. I think that a thread that DISCUSSES and does not place blame or incite a riot or flame fest, is by all means, good.

I want to see what I can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.