PTE Turbo Saver. Oil line failure need to replace.

Nasty Wendy

Perverted Lurker
Started the car and then heard a 'POP' and saw oil pooling underneath. The PTE Turbo Saver's line from the oil pump failed. Has anyone had to deal with this before? What would be the best thing to replace the lines with? I do not want to use the same stuff if there is something better out there. Never thought of it but should these lines be changed out periodically? Are they a 'wear' item?

I'm off to get some oil clean up supplies and oil.

I just changed mine out to braided steel hose and aluminum fittings. Just make sure you don't get the lines crossed up if you do this. I have mine marked.

You can easily make a set of braided lines. There are better high pressure hose available than what precision originally used on these. I've replaced more than a few sets in the last year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks guys. I guess I'll have to make a set then. I really don't want to use the same stuff. 'You can't get fooled again'.

What's the pressure rating on the hose ya'll recommend?

For replacement lines I stayed with PUSH-LOK hose and upgraded to a higher pressure and temperature rated hose. Its the blue hose. Can't remember what the pressure rating is but it is higher than the black and the temp is rated at 300ºF I believe. $7.5 per foot.

For replacement lines I stayed with PUSH-LOK hose and upgraded to a higher pressure and temperature rated hose. Its the blue hose. Can't remember what the pressure rating is but it is higher than the black and the temp is rated at 300ºF I believe. $7.5 per foot.
So did you re-use all the same fittings? Everything stay together all right?

Clay hasn't been on here for quite some time. Like Nov last yr.
AIRC, the original fittings are JIC, the same seal as the AN fittings.

Hi guys my car is in storage till next week want to replace my lines to ,not sure of the size I asume from above -10 an fittings and-10 hose will work thanks

Yes you can convert it to AN -10. I just used the black braided summit lines with all new AN fittings so I could remove them more easily then the press-on lines. I had a bunch of leftover summit hose ends already. Make sure use use the same brand and style ends as the hose.

I used the 90 that was on, it was good enough, and then changed the other 3 fittings to this:
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/SUM-220047B

Then used this line
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/SUM-240010B

So did you re-use all the same fittings? Everything stay together all right?
Sorry I haven't been active on the board in a while. I post a little and lurk a lot on the Facebook page. I pretty sure I did reuse the same fittings. To the best of my recollection I cut the hose open to remove them from the old hose.

I used the summit brand 10an hoses and just rebuilt them...I did the same for the feed line...not too hard to do.