PTE 6765 Billet Wheel Turbo Has Landed!

Hey Will,

Any results of your turbo yet? I am curious to see the power difference it makes.
thanks alot,

Adrian

Ordered mine today. Apparently you can't get the HP6765 Billet dual BB in a H cover, only the S right now. Does anyone know if PTE will be producing this in the H cover anytime soon?

They ran out of H-covers - it will be a month or so before they get any more.

Hey Will,

Any results of your turbo yet? I am curious to see the power difference it makes.
thanks alot,

Adrian

Not yet - this is an entirely new combo - got it all buttoned up and had to pull the engine back out due to an "engineering opportunity". Just got it all back together last night but it's been nothing but cold rain and sleet here. I'll hopefully have some results this weekend.

They ran out of H-covers - it will be a month or so before they get any more.

DAMNIT! I was told they didn't even make them in an H. Hopefully I can just buy an H cover when they become available and swap it out, since my S cover is already on the way.

DAMNIT! I was told they didn't even make them in an H. Hopefully I can just buy an H cover when they become available and swap it out, since my S cover is already on the way.

You can but you will have to send the turbo back in as the backing plate will have to be changed to change covers - not worth the effort IMO.

UPDATE - got it running and took it out on the street yesterday. Still working my way up on the XFI program. This is an all new engine from intake to oil pan so it's not like I can just directly compare this turbo to another one but here goes FWIW.

The initial spool up from a roll isn't exactly what I was expecting but this is probably due to the converter change. I only went to 15# and this was from a roll but I can tell you this much - this is one bad dude of a turbo! When it hits it's like a freight train - completely blew the street tires away in 3rd gear - blew off my boost lines twice as well! :eek:

Weather's been crappy here for the last couple of weeks so there haven't been any tracks open. I prefer to tune a street car on the street anyway :biggrin: Stay tuned .....................................................

Why would you want the H cover over the S cover what's the difference?

The initial spool up from a roll isn't exactly what I was expecting but this is probably due to the converter change...

More detail here please. What converter is in the car? I'm patiently waiting for the "H" cover on a billet 6768 I have ordered for a customer. Going to be mated to a 9.5" PTC #17 race converter from Dusty.

K.

Why would you want the H cover over the S cover what's the difference?

The H-cover is Precision's "race" cover 4" inlet & 4" outlet on the cold side. More than likely there is no measurable difference vs the S-cover which is 4" inlet & 3.5" outlet on a turbo this size. Most folks on this board just seem to like the H-cover for the macho mine is bigger than yours factor. I had mine ordered with an H-cover but they ran out and I didn't want to wait another 6weeks. I'm glad I have the S-cover anyway as I ended up using a stock location intercooler which has issues mating up the H-covers.

More detail here please. What converter is in the car? I'm patiently waiting for the "H" cover on a billet 6768 I have ordered for a customer. Going to be mated to a 9.5" PTC #17 race converter from Dusty.

K.

PTC 9.5" N/L 3200 stall. Seems like it's going to be about right. I haven't tested boost rise on the brake - YET. These are just my initial results but I was being very easy with it - trying to get everything seated, meshed, gelled, etc, etc before I pour the coal to it. My program is still pretty fat on the bottom end as well.

"The initial spool up from a roll isn't exactly what I was expecting but this is probably due to the converter change...."

Did it not spool as quickly as you thought it would, if so how much more converter do you think it would need?

BTW, I think the H cover was 4" in and 3" out, S is 4" in and 2.5" out ;):biggrin:

"The initial spool up from a roll isn't exactly what I was expecting but this is probably due to the converter change...."

Did it not spool as quickly as you thought it would, if so how much more converter do you think it would need?

BTW, I think the H cover was 4" in and 3" out, S is 4" in and 2.5" out ;):biggrin:

You are correct about the H & S cover outlet sizes - brain fart on my part.

What I mean about the spool from a roll is that I was expecting it to be a little quicker - more like a stocker mainly due to the small .63A/R along with the HP65 turbine - from a ROLL. I don't mean it's lazy by any means - when it hits about 10# it sounds downright evil:eek:! I'm running a PTC 9.5 NL with about 3200 stall which seems like it's going to be about right. I am almost to the point with the tuneup to test boost rise/spoolup on the brake.

Please post the results as soon as you can. I am on the list for a 6768 and was thinking the BB option would be a waste of $$$$. It is still a driver for nice afternoons/evenings/ice cream with the kids, etc.:cool: Maybe I need to consider it as an alternative?? Wouldn't want a crotch rocket getting a jump on me!:eek:

Please post the results as soon as you can. I am on the list for a 6768 and was thinking the BB option would be a waste of $$$$. It is still a driver for nice afternoons/evenings/ice cream with the kids, etc.:cool: Maybe I need to consider it as an alternative?? Wouldn't want a crotch rocket getting a jump on me!:eek:

The verdict is still out on the BB center section being worth the $$ with the new billet wheels. I think a lot of it will depend on converters.

IMO - if your car is primarily an ice cream cruiser you might be happier with the HP65 turbine wheel. The 6768 aka HPQ is going to produce a little more HP at the track but might spool a bit slower on the street depending on your converter. This was my reasoning with my selection - I constantly have to remind myself that when it comes to street cars bigger is not always better.

Never said the GN will make the same HP as an EVO with this turbo, which is where your comparison would come into play in a specific comparison. The GN's HP and TQ will be greater and sooner, that's it in a nutshell.

What I mean about the spool from a roll is that I was expecting it to be a little quicker - more like a stocker mainly due to the small .63A/R along with the HP65 turbine - from a ROLL. I don't mean it's lazy by any means - when it hits about 10# it sounds downright evil:eek:! I'm running a PTC 9.5 NL with about 3200 stall which seems like it's going to be about right. I am almost to the point with the tuneup to test boost rise/spoolup on the brake.

i just bought a PTC 9.5 nl 2800 stall from dusty... do u think i have enough stall for the 6765 bb with billet wheel and .63 ar?

Bent6,

what i want to know is if you think this will outperform the old 70hpq bb turbos?

Also is this thing available in 4 bolt???

T3 4 bolt housings? What is the difference in a T3 4 bolt housing and a T4 4 bolt housing???

You can get billet 71 and 76mm turbos, no 74mm just yet. Soon though!

Precision doesnt have 4 bolt T4 housings, only T3. The T4 housings are available in V band only.