PTC converter experiences

turbotwister

FAST COMPANY PERFORMANCE
I'm finally going to install a PTC converter into my stage II powered car.I'm fairly happy with how my car runs ,I just know it has more potential.I feel the converter has been one limiting factor so I am finally making the move so many of the fastest have.my question is,what kind of gain have most of you seen that have done the same?I have already purchased the converter and it's on the way,I'm just wondering what to expect.

Many thanks to Holly and Cal Hartline for acting so quickly on getting this done for me as I have a track rental coming next week and would like to have it in by then.as usual ,their service is second to none.

Many thanks,Nick

Hi Billy.how is everything?I'll have to give you a call so we can catch up.the rental is at atco.

I'm going to be running mine soon but won't be able to give you back to back comparison for gains.

I will be logging charge flow pressure, line pressure, DS rpm, engine RPM, and transmission sump temp so I should be able to collect some interesting information.

Allan G.

converter.png
Ran mine yesterday and pleased with the results. Ran about 29 pounds boost and can see about 22% slip after the 2-3 shift and starts to couple to 7-8% slip on the top of third. Was running about 38 PSI charge flow pressure and about 175 psi line pressure.

Allan G.