PT6262 journal vs PT6057 journal

STP

Narrow A$$ Racing
What hp numbers will these support...I have a friends car I'm doing some wrenching on. Mods as follows: 235cu, flat tappet mild cam (don't know specifics on cam), TA headers, single nozzle alky, 3" dp with internal gate, built trans with a 2800rpm stall LU converter, 60lb precision injectors. The car has a TE60bb on it now that I'm not too impressed with.

My car has a 45A on it with a similiar build and it will spank my buddies in all areas. Spool-up, top end charge, etc..

Kinda thinking about a turbo upgrade, converter restall, and new downpipe with ext gate for his ride. Personally, I'm not a big fan of BB turbos. Nothing against them, just don't have much experience with them. His car smokes on startup. Started doing that when we put the TE60BB on it. Journal bearing units have always given me great service even when I ran em' on my Stage 2. His car will get a journal bearing unit on it with the proper converter...Which of these two would suit this car best is the question. He drives the car alot. Wondering what the difference between the PT6057 and the TE60bb would be..Probably not much???? Leaning towards the 6262, but concerned it may be too laggy.

I think with that setup the 6262 may be a little laggy. I have a 6262 that I used on a totally stock longblock with a 0 pump Vigilante and it was a little laggy. Not horrible. I put ported heads on that car and it feels a lot better now. I am actually pretty happy with it. But it still spools slower than my Tnetics 66BB on my stock longblock GN.

Thx for the input...Do you have the ball bearing or journal 6262?

journal bearing. It feel very similar to an old 63E I used to have. It may spool faster but hard to tell at the seat of the pants.