Pt61 P-trim

I am considering the PT61 P Trim as an upgrade from the TA49 presently in my 89 TTA. Have you received, installed and run your new turbos? What are your feeling regarding the turbos performance?

for me it was a toss up between the all GT 32-55 and the 61 Ptrim

if i went with the 32-55 i would go back to a lock up transmission and a 3000 stall converter

but... i have a non lock 9" 3200-3500 stall converter so im thinking ......p-trim

i am interested to try both

ptrim $675
32-55 $875

still waiting for a call from PTE

i'm waiting for that same call. They better get on the balll or i will go elsewhere with my $$$$.I am thinkin 3600 vigilante lock up MAYBE??

i had a PT51 in my old car

the downside was....too much turbo for a stock converter and transmission setup

i still need matched injectors for the PT61 and a front monut for my combo then im done for now

Bryan

guys I am putting a 61 P-trim on my car...this turbo is the new craze...680 flywheel horse capable...requires a 3200 flash stall converter (roughly 3400-3500 footbrake) and with a good combination and tuning this turbo is capable of high to mid 10's...for the price you cannot beat it! you guys will be happy with this turbo...night and day difference between any of the other smaller turbos...and the cool thing is...if you ever want to go a tad bigger...you can just send this turbo in to us and have the compressor wheel upgraded to the 67 p-trim wheel and walla you have a PT67 P-trim capable of nearly 800 horse and mid 10s...

I have one (PT-61) and I love it. I got it used so I'm not sure if it's a "P-trim". It has the optional 4" inlet 2.5" outlet housing. With a 3500 stall 9/11 it spools awesome. The sound of it spooling is accompanied by a feeling like you just got rear-ended - the car takes off hard. Big difference over my PT-51, but then again I didn't have this converter with the 51.

Going to the track tonight to see what it will do.

Jim

Sounds like a great turbo and priced very resonable. Will this need a 9x11 style convertor, or equal? Looks like the convertor will cost more than the turbo. I'm looking for the biggest turbo I can run with the cheaper convertors, usually restalls? $300 vs $600 and up %

:) :)

Originally posted by d0n_3d
guys I am putting a 61 P-trim on my car...this turbo is the new craze...680 flywheel horse capable...requires a 3200 flash stall converter (roughly 3400-3500 footbrake) and with a good combination and tuning this turbo is capable of high to mid 10's...for the price you cannot beat it! you guys will be happy with this turbo...night and day difference between any of the other smaller turbos...and the cool thing is...if you ever want to go a tad bigger...you can just send this turbo in to us and have the compressor wheel upgraded to the 67 p-trim wheel and walla you have a PT67 P-trim capable of nearly 800 horse and mid 10s...

Are you Don from PTE? I am anxiously awaiting the PT61 P-Trim that I ordered several weeks ago. BTW I received the 65# injectors last week and ordered the extender chip from Full Throttle.

Originally posted by AKTURBOTA
Are you Don from PTE? I am anxiously awaiting the PT61 P-Trim that I ordered several weeks ago. BTW I received the 65# injectors last week and ordered the extender chip from Full Throttle.

i sure am...patience my friend...patience...your turbo is actually being built to my knowledge...the P-trims are taking longer than the regular 52 or 69 trim 61's...it's worth the wait trust me...

Hey Don,

Oh just chomping at the bit. I am excited about getting this PT61 and seeing what kind of improvement in MPH I will get with 22#'s of boost and 117 octane racing fuel. My present combo with the same boost level and racing fuel typically gets me 114-115 mph and occasionally if the air is just right 116 mph in the quartermile.

Mark

Originally posted by stockv6
Anybody with thier new pt61 wish to post comments? I'm considering a pt61 aswell. tia

:) :)

I have´nt had any times yet. But even it´s not tuned in, it feels like it´s running better with 16 PSI than my TA49 ran with 24 PSI. So far, I´m really satisfied with the 61.

I'll let everyone know when I get my car running this week sometime...just waiting on the stall converter to come in from PTS and a couple other misc. parts I need to slap on still...I have the P-trim 61 which is the largest turbine wheel we make for that turbo...should be a wild ride

My brother-in-law has a PT61 in his car, an 82 Grand Prix powered by an LC2. His engine features a 70mm TB and doghouse, stock unported lower manifold, 208/208 cam, GN1s, forged pistons and stock bottom end. He runs a 10" converter and a TH400. He hasn't been able to make a full pass do to little gremlins (intercooler pipes blowing off, exhaust leak-plagued old Hooker headers) but went 11.44 with an intercooler pipe blowing off just past the 660ft. mark at 18psi. His car is an easy 10 second ride once the little stuff is sorted out. This turbo definately has some snot.