PT-61 ...converter??

knucklehead

Buick!the only way to fly
I just ordered a pt-61 p-trim and i am shopping for the perfect converter for this turbo. Any suggestions or info is appreciated.(lock up)

champion heads and intake,pte front mount,204/214 cam,70mm TB,60 lb inject,level 10 tranny,spicer u -joints,eaton posi.

maximum performance will be had with a 3600 plus rpm convertor.and remember,this is stall at 20 plus lbs so driving on the street itll be a baby and its a lock up so there is no ill effects.ask around here about what happened when we recommended a 3400 for certain applications where even those well respected in the buick world said 2800 to 3000 max.some couldnt believe the results.instant spooling and maximum performance .........period.a 2004r with a 3.42 final drive in a turbo buick will exhibit specific shift recovery rpm during ratio changes .our logical approach to convertor selection based on the understanding of these principles has made our recommendations for specific applications extremely reliable and effective.:D :)

I took Chris's advice and went with a billet 9x11 with 3600 stall to go with my PT 61. Very satisfied with that combination in my car.

I went with a 3500 9x11 billet on Chris' advice. It works exactly as he says. Totally docile around town, instant spool when you want it. PTE's recommended stall of "3200 minimum" is probably okay but I wouldn't go less than 3400.

Jim

we also made a potato gun when we installed a 3800 behind a 45 .the customer was told he needed a 3000 stall on this stage 1 waftermarket heads and a hydraulic roller and the car wouldnt move.now its doing what it supposed to,make the driver sh%t his pants.

Listen to Chris. He recommended a 3400 for my TE-61. Nothing changed for casual driving, but get into the throttle and you have insta-spool. Only thing I noticed is that I have to give it a little more gas in reverse.

Zac

Listen to Chris. I have a PT52. Chris recommended a 3600 so I purchased his 9x11 3600 lockup non billet converter. Could not have picked a better converter. Great around town and great at the track. Thanks Chris.