Protein Intake

87chrisss

BLUBYU
Question to the workout guys..
How much protein can your body digest at one time?
For instance whey protein 25g Whey Isolate is probably the fastest absorbing/digesting protein your body can use. So i have been on a high protein diet, ive been using 2 scoops with water.
I have read your body can only use certain amount of protein at one time and the rest just gets rejected by your body and usually it ends up in the urinal. I'm trying to absorb all protein intake! These diets aren't cheap i do know im suppose to intake 1-2 grams of protein per my body weight. BUT if im intaking and my body isn't using it then i need to approach it a different way. I take amino acids to help nitrogen balance and support muscle recovery but i just don't think im intaking all this protein properly.. I'm in great shape. 13% BF while on a bulk diet is fantastic. IMO.. But i want some more lean muscle mass. Some internet search said your body tends to reject anymore than 30G of protein at one meal time - for about 2-3 hours? Does this sound about right?

Advice?

BTW:

My carb intake is very very low, maybe 1 slice of wheat toast with my egg whites, occasional Whole Rye toast with honey and almonds pre-post workout. I don't eat rice nor white bread. I dont count calories so not to sure about calorie intake..

Without enough insulin in the blood stream the protein will be used for energy instead of tissue repair. If you have an ectomorphic body type you're better off eating large high calorie meals. Spreading meals out will increase our metabolism more and require even more carbohydrate to keep the insulin up. A very mesomorphic body type at 225lbs doesn't need much more than 250g a day of protein. The total calories and circulating insulin will determine potential recovery/growth. People spend thousands on supplements a year yet most don't eat enough calories to grow.

spread the protein throughout the day (each meal), use casein protein before bed.

you need more carbs - esp. complex carbohydrates

you should at least have a fair idea of how many calories you are consuming

learn how insulin works in the body

Thanks guys i have never really researched much on insulin levels i do have a copies of blood work that i would look into. I'm assuming there really is no answer to my question on how much protein your body can ingest to use as muscle repair/growth. Basically i should intake more calories and carbs more often to get my blood sugar levels higher and that would promote my growth and help the protein go to recovery. I'm only 155/160# usually 10% bf im strong just not "big" i started calisthenics about a year ago i really like the harder i have gotten but i have lost the puffy look and the built look. A few ppl have been telling me why am i so skinny.. SO.. im back at the gym, but i never really looked BIG i might have just looked puffier sounds funny but its the truth "puffy" probably because of all the water retention.. But back at the gym.. we'll see how it goes i'll start a log on how many calories im using daily vs proteins sugars etc.. Casein i do take some (milk) cereal /yogurt before bed..

you are on the right track. like turbo buick's.....read, read, read, learn, learn, learn. google 'glycemic index' to learn how foods affect blood sugar and insulin.
too much protein at once just goes down the terlet. pissing money away! and puts a strain on the kidney's. make sure you are getting plenty of water. and rest.

and.....stick with it....best of luck! :)