Pro's and con's

Army MP

Everybody allways raves over the 50# inj. What, if any, are the benefits over 42.5# inj.? More power? I am going to purchase one or the other, just need to weigh the pro's and con's between the two. I realize that I will also have to get a new chip, no prob. there.
Any suggestions on a good company to purchase the above items would also be very nice. Thanx, just trying to go as fast as the rest of ya'll!!:cool:

Well let's see... The 50's can handle more horsepower than the 009's. they have better street manners and are on sale right now through PTE w/ chip for 375. There curve is more linear and the spray pattern is a cone (pintle type) [which has better atomization IMO] then the disc type, three stream 42.5 lb injectors. So in my opinion get the 50's and be happy. plus with the 50's there is more room to grow.

Definately ditch the idea of 009's, I couldn't get my car right in three years. I bought the 50#'s from PTE three years ago and WHAT A DIFFERENCE!:D

Eric

Originally posted by Army MP
Everybody allways raves over the 50# inj. What, if any, are the benefits over 42.5# inj.? More power? I am going to purchase one or the other, just need to weigh the pro's and con's between the two. I realize that I will also have to get a new chip, no prob. there.
Any suggestions on a good company to purchase the above items would also be very nice. Thanx, just trying to go as fast as the rest of ya'll!!:cool:

The old strategy for injectors was just running them static. Easy to tune, and marginally good results. Marginally due to so many headgaskets. The problem with static injector tuning, is that they go erratic before going full open. So you have a period where the injector is trying to fire, but in fact it can't and the engine goes lean for a few msecs..

50s just, get you into the area of being able to properly run them non static.

If your thinking off going quick, then might as well go for the 60PPH and have some room to grow. Full Speed has them and chips.

Well, crap, what should I get 50's or 60's now?!
I plan on driving this car to and from the strip.
It's the whole streetability factor, you know?!
11.99 or bust!!!!!!!!!

I run 50's.. 11's no problem. 50's are good for at least 122-124 MPH trap speed.

60's even more..assumming you have a turbo and motor that can make the power.

Originally posted by Razor
I run 50's.. 11's no problem. 50's are good for at least 122-124 MPH trap speed.

60's even more..assumming you have a turbo and motor that can make the power.

I've run in the high 10s with that mph years ago with my 42.5lbs AND a 7th injector with a 52 lb. I've also been told it's old school which i'm sure it is but it still works and they've been on the car 10 years and still doing fine. Cannot say as much for my motor however:(

I did not like my 50s. Yes I know people really love those injectors, but I had a real hard time tuning them. Did not like any of the chips I tried. I love my 55 lbs. injectors w/ the mod ECM. With the 55s, I've tried three sets of injectors, 36, 50 and 55 and have been the most happy with the 55s.

Jason

I think I'm leaning towards the 50's. Any recommendations on a good company for the inj.'s and a chip?

Get the MaxEffort 16 chip, tweak it your self and never buy another chip (unless you change injectors)...it makes ALL injectors good.

Fact of the matter is, NO two cars seem to like the exact same chip tune ... The ME will let you taylor the chip to your exact needs (it's damn close with no tweaks). Why anybody runs any other chip is a mystery (with the exception of those who actually burn their own)
I've run the 42.5/009s with excellent results (street & track)thanks soley to the adjustability of the MaxEffort system...